UTG
      UTG+2
      MP1
      MP2
      MP3
      CO
      SB

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.55 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , 4:diamond:
      6 folds, SB calls $0,15, Hero raises to $0,75, SB calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,50) 8:spade: , 8:diamond: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1,50) Q:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,00, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $1,50

My stats are 100% steal to SB opencomplete and therefore I'm interested in postflop play. :)

I think I had a good chance to take down the pot, since the villain showed weakness twice and the queen on turn was quite nice card to bluff... ...or would you say that's just another win small, lose big pot situation?
  • 5 replies
    • Midazolam
      Midazolam
      Bronze
      It´s EV+ to raise against a SB compelete. But don´t do it to often against the same person.
      You raised perflop so you should do a normal contibet at the flop.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Midazolam
      It´s EV+ to raise against a SB compelete. But don´t do it to often against the same person.
      You raised perflop so you should do a normal contibet at the flop.
      With short stack I change tables very often, so I usually change the table before I would get a chance to do it again against the same person twice in a row. It is also pretty hard to watch who openlimps when 8+ multitabling, and I didn't notice any strong resistance when stealing from SB despite raising every time.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi burek2000,

I don't like raising any2 against a SB complete and k4o plays just horrible. When you raise pre flop you should contibet this flop.

Best Regards

Ysessa
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      I've done this raising after a openlimp from SB, but it was a bit too much variance. So I stopped using this move. I always had 2 things:
      - Preflop raise after openlimp from SB.
      - Bet potsized on flop after check from SB.

I randomly used these 2 moves to treat SB openlimpers. The first one is aggressive and more expensive. The second one is rather cheap and works quite often.

But as I said, I stopped because it's too much variance. I guess it's a matter of taste.

Originally posted by burek2000
      It is also pretty hard to watch who openlimps when 8+ multitabling
      So you're saying that your play might be worse when you're multitabling.
      It's one thing or the other. You either play on a few tables and make notes of openlimps and keen a good eye on that so that you can use these kinds of moves. Or you multitable and don't make these kinds of moves, because you don't know if Villain has a read on you doing that. :)

Also don't forget that other players on the table also make notes of the things you do, also when they're not in the hand!!
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeKuip
      Originally posted by burek2000
      It is also pretty hard to watch who openlimps when 8+ multitabling
      So you're saying that your play might be worse when you're multitabling.
      It's one thing or the other. You either play on a few tables and make notes of openlimps and keen a good eye on that so that you can use these kinds of moves. Or you multitable and don't make these kinds of moves, because you don't know if Villain has a read on you doing that. :)

Also don't forget that other players on the table also make notes of the things you do, also when they're not in the hand!!
      I agree with you, but since I started to use the HUD things got much easier for me when multitabling...

I can say I see from amount of hands and stats I have on an opponent whether he is a decent player(one who would actually make notes on me :) ) or not, anyway after many hours and days of playing my limit I know which players to give some credit to and I don't use such a "cheap" moves on them.

On the other hand when I see some random player who I don't see often(by the number of hands he played with me) I don't fear using steals to an open limp, even twice in a row.