This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max TPTK oop vs passive

• ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $1.85
      CO: $10.00
      BTN: $14.21
      Hero (SB): $10.36
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $9.38 22/0 - 50 hands

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:club: J:club:

UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.70, fold, UTG calls $0.60, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.70, 2 players) 4:spade: 9:club: J:heart:
      Hero bets $0.90, UTG calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.50, 2 players) A:heart:
      Hero bets $1.80, UTG calls $1.80

River: ($7.10, 2 players) Q:heart:
      Hero bets $2.70, UTG calls $2.70

To isolate weak cards from all limpers I make a large raise.
      Get a call from UTG.
      By flopping TPTK I make a Cbet to get value from most of his range where A high cards would dominate.

When called my bet I still fell dominating.
      Turn improves my hands and I go for another Cbet to get value from all of his range.

River is not that nice but still I dominate most of his range except flushes, straight - that make a small part of his range. Now quite likely is that he has some two pair or AX hand.
      So river bet is not a shove that might scare him away, but less than a half.
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey ilioas,

Preflop is fine.

In general you bet small-ish postflop. However given the board texture and the fact that the pot is already a little bloated, I like this play.

I think your value bets are good and I like that fact that you went for some thin value on a scary river.
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Given the above circumstances if opponent would shove - It would be fine to go along?

At that point I would have to call 3.28 and my Equity would need to be 17% which I think I do have at that point against his 2 pair holdings, KQ, QT
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by ilioas
      Given the above circumstances if opponent would shove - It would be fine to go along?

At that point I would have to call 3.28 and my Equity would need to be 17% which I think I do have at that point against his 2 pair holdings, KQ, QT
      I think it's very unlikely villain will shove a worse 2-pair on the river. Most of the time you will be up against a flush, sometimes a straight or slowplayed set.

Standard option at 10nl would be to just assume you don't have that 17% equity and make a tight fold. Villain dependent of course.