New here

• Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Hello,

I registered yesterday, I have some knowledge of Poker, but I want to be better at it, though, sometimes I got discouraged with the amount of things you have to read!

So any advice on what tools I should have, like what spreadsheet, lists etc..

I am only on Poker770 and just played a freeroll and go $0.06.

Any advice to build on that and what steps I should go for, get enough freeroll money to play cash games??

Thanks
  • 13 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Sarkov,

Welcome to PokerStrategy :)

I agree with you on being discouraged by the amount of things to read, it does seem daunting at first but if you're like me then you can always watch the Videos or attend Coaching instead, I enjoy these far more and are my preferred learning path, then once you come up to a part you didn't quite understand, you check our the Article on that area - minimal reading needed! :D

As for what tools to use, I'd first off just start learning the basics of the game before you start getting too complex, luckily for you we have a Beginners Course which will point you in the right path and get you on the track to being a winning player.

As for biulding up a bankroll, be sure to check out our Promotions page daily to see what's going on, something may tickle your fancy.

Here's a lnk to one of our current promotions - Free Poker Money!

I know you don't enjoy reading, but this is the last thing I'll point you towards, it's how our Status System works, which in turn lets you view more and more of our material!

If you have any other questions, be sure to ask.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey sarkov!

Welcome to PokerStrategy!

I think Matt covered everything perfectly so I just here to issue you a warm welcome here! If you have any questions about anything just ask!

Don't be shy and I hope to see you around the forum!

Best regards,
      Gary
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Okay thanks. I'll start there!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck on your journey Sarkov!
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Thanks, just lost all my bonus. :P

Bankroll back to zero!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Oh dear, this is the last thing we wanted to see!

What happened to you Sarkov?!

What is your plan going forward then? Are you going to deposit and have another go?
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Played some cash games and lost!

Hmmm gonna do the freeroll to get back a $10 bankroll and do the beginner course. :D
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Btw is it preferable to have one account on different poker sites or just one?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sarkov

Hmmm gonna do the freeroll to get back a $10 bankroll and do the beginner course. :D
      That's the spirit, good luck freerolling!

Btw is it preferable to have one account on different poker sites or just one?
      Not sure what you mean here so I'll try to cover all the angles :)

If you mean 2 PokerStrategy.com accounts, then no this is not allowed.
      If you mean 2 Poker770 accounts or any poker site for that matter, then no this is also not allowed.
      If you mean an account at Poker770 and an account at William Hill through PokerStrategy.com then yes! You can create accounts through PokerStrategy.com at any of our partner rooms as long as you've never held an account their in the past!

If I'm still wrong just reply back and I will be delighted to help you further :)
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Nah you answered my question, now I have 2 poker accounts, one at poker 770 and one at Titan!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Ok, glad to assist :)

Well don't forget if you need a new poker room to take a look at our partner rooms! We affiliate with the best, offer you the best first deposit bonuses and best legal rakeback deals where possible!
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze

;(

Hopefully this gives you the determination to destroy the tables next time you're on, get that cash back!!! :s_biggrin:

Best of luck in the Freerolls sir.
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Thanks, I will!