[NL2-NL10] sh AKs MP

• noulispa
      BTN: $2.76 (138 bb) 60/12/73 hands
      SB: $2.01 (100.5 bb)
      BB: $1.36 (68 bb)
      Hero (MP): $2.31 (115.5 bb)
      CO: $2.19 (109.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K:spade: A:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.06, CO folds, BTN raises to $0.10, SB folds, BB calls $0.08, Hero raises to $0.55, BTN calls $0.45, BB folds

Flop: ($1.21) 4:club: J:diamond: 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.21 and is all-in, Hero folds

not much reads but he looks really fish . So preflop after he min 3bet me i 4bet him big and try to get it in pre flop. ( ok the size of the 4bet?)

on the flop i check fold cause i dont think i have much FE + the stacks are awkward for post flop play. What u think ?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

I think your 4bet size is a little large (we usually want to 4bet smaller vs regs so we have a better risk/reward ratio on our 4bet bluffs) but I suppose it's alright. because this guy is a fish and I don't see any need to be balanced, I would actually prefer making it 70 cents, then the pot will have almost 1.50, and we will have 1.60 left in stacks. With a pot sized bet left on the Flop, I would check on every single flop, unless I had some sort of draw, then I would shove the Flop myself. Even if I hit an Ace or King, I would check to induce, provided the board isn't super wet. We can always shove the Turn if it gets checked around.

Anyway as played, my plan here is to check and never fold. I don't care about his size, I just check and call it off. If not, there's really no point in checking. We check cos betting achieves nothing. He doesn't fold better and doesnt call with worse. I think given that we expect him to be extremely fishy and have a really wide range here (AQ KQ AT KT JT QT, T9s 89s etc), I think we can just c/c here.