This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

400nl river range

• pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Sorry, its ongame hh so pretty difficult to convert it seems.

Villain is std reg it seems, btu not many hand sample. He's seen me call a 4bet oop w/ 87s and c/shove a fd, nothing else of note.

WUG?

Seat 3: LookinHawt ($461.20 in chips)
      Seat 4: stannis_ ($483.30 in chips)
      Seat 5: LiquidTaeja ($799 in chips)
      Seat 6: kazmed13 ($400 in chips)
      Seat 7: LikeaBawz ($674 in chips)
      Seat 8: hero ($435 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
      PLAYER_RELEASE
      , LiquidTaeja posts small blind ($2), kazmed13 posts big blind ($4),

PRE-FLOP
      LikeaBawz raises to $12, hero calls $12, LookinHawt folds, stannis_ folds, LiquidTaeja folds, kazmed13 folds.

FLOP [board cards: 3d,8d,5h]
      LikeaBawz bets $20, hero calls $20.

TURN [board cards: 3d,8d,5h,4h]
      LikeaBawz checks, hero bets $45, LikeaBawz calls $45.

RIVER [board cards: 3d,8d,5h,4h,Ts]
      LikeaBawz checks, hero
  • 12 replies
    • DragotoiuRobert
      DragotoiuRobert
      Bronze
      Hello sir, i think knowing what hand you had is a pretty important factor in considering the river decision, so matbe you can post your 2 cards also :P .

I'm pretty sure you can convert Ongame hands by going on your HM2->right click->view->As: Pokerstrategy(in the down right corner of the new window)->copy to clipbord
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      I want to hear about different parts of our range :)
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Diamond
      3d,8d,5h,4h,Ts

so this is one of those spots where im like " $!(*&)$)*!" cant think of a hand that would c/c this texture".
      but im fairly confident he does NOT c/c those:
      - fd's/str8draws
      - sets
      - 2p
      - <Khi

so his range looks like 8x, 99, 77, 66 and i spose we're gonna see TT+ sometimes that c/c for "balance" or w/e.
      expect KK+ to vbet very often though.
      dont think Ahi call here.

as its mp vs utg i suppose you have 0 3betting range and have TT+ v often.
      id value bet that.
      apart from TT i think hes in a fml spot with his overall range; so i'd bet biiiiiiiiiiig time. prolly going for 1.5xpot with the majority of my range.
      think best hands to bluff with are the ones that skew his range towards {66-99 and JJ-KK}. so Tx and Ahi diamonds/hearts are prolly nice bluffs.

i mite cback JJ, strong Tx. the rest i bluff.
    • eszibit
      eszibit
      Bronze
      Hi,

Given his read on you and the fact that he has a pretty strong range utg i think he will bluffcatch a lot here esp because the flush misses and people will talk themselfs into calling .
      Don't think he has sets ,maybe 1/4 times he can do this with a flush draw +overcards so he doesn't get raised ott . I think he would call an overbet of 1.5x but maybe 2x will fold ...
      That range hits u a bit better than him ( don't know if he is raising all pp utg but u can deff call them) but i still expect him to call quite a bit.

Was thinking about overbetting missed fd's and sets ,value betting KK+ and checking back qq- .
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      I agree with previous posts, villains range is some weak pairs maybe up to TT and a lot of combo draws with pair OTT. Also I could expect this play from both nut flushdraws sometimes. I think overbetting JJ+ OTR is OK and maybe we even don't need any other betsizing because there aren't that many hands we could bet smaller. Maybe 99 makes sense for a smaller bet, definitely Tx, but we have like 2 combos of those ? xD
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      I had qthh
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      I would valuebet with QThh. If we don't valuebet a hand such as Tx then it's going to be hard for us to bluff our missed draws here. A normal sizing seems fine.
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Diamond
      i think its too thin. 99 is prolly the only worse hand calling and he doesnt call it everytime.
      id bluffraise the flop.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      i think he c/fs too much ott w/his air to a small bet to make floating > raising, he will also potentially barrel cards that are good for us.
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Diamond
      Originally posted by pleno1
      i think he c/fs too much ott w/his air to a small bet to make floating > raising, he will also potentially barrel cards that are good for us.
      agree if position are looser.
      a std 13-16% utg range + discount flop cbet frq is just so strong imo. id be surprised if he c/f the turn > 30% of the time.
      also, i think you hate life vs a bet on a To turn. a Qo too but less i agree.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      but you're not counting the turns thast I raise and win as well, which are quite a few and our value range becomes wider ott than otf and hes not going to fuck with us ott, but otf may 3bet etc.
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Diamond
      true. which ones would u raise?
      idraiset 4, 9, T and J. not sure about low diamondsd.