400nl river range

• pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Sorry, its ongame hh so pretty difficult to convert it seems.

Villain is std reg it seems, btu not many hand sample. He's seen me call a 4bet oop w/ 87s and c/shove a fd, nothing else of note.

WUG?

Seat 3: LookinHawt ($461.20 in chips)
      Seat 4: stannis_ ($483.30 in chips)
      Seat 5: LiquidTaeja ($799 in chips)
      Seat 6: kazmed13 ($400 in chips)
      Seat 7: LikeaBawz ($674 in chips)
      Seat 8: hero ($435 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
      PLAYER_RELEASE
      , LiquidTaeja posts small blind ($2), kazmed13 posts big blind ($4),

PRE-FLOP
      LikeaBawz raises to $12, hero calls $12, LookinHawt folds, stannis_ folds, LiquidTaeja folds, kazmed13 folds.

FLOP [board cards: 3d,8d,5h]
      LikeaBawz bets $20, hero calls $20.

TURN [board cards: 3d,8d,5h,4h]
      LikeaBawz checks, hero bets $45, LikeaBawz calls $45.

RIVER [board cards: 3d,8d,5h,4h,Ts]
      LikeaBawz checks, hero
  • 12 replies
    • DragotoiuRobert
      DragotoiuRobert
      Bronze
      Hello sir, i think knowing what hand you had is a pretty important factor in considering the river decision, so matbe you can post your 2 cards also :P .

I'm pretty sure you can convert Ongame hands by going on your HM2->right click->view->As: Pokerstrategy(in the down right corner of the new window)->copy to clipbord
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      I want to hear about different parts of our range :)
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Gold
      3d,8d,5h,4h,Ts

so this is one of those spots where im like " $!(*&)$)*!" cant think of a hand that would c/c this texture".
      but im fairly confident he does NOT c/c those:
      - fd's/str8draws
      - sets
      - 2p
      - <Khi

so his range looks like 8x, 99, 77, 66 and i spose we're gonna see TT+ sometimes that c/c for "balance" or w/e.
      expect KK+ to vbet very often though.
      dont think Ahi call here.

as its mp vs utg i suppose you have 0 3betting range and have TT+ v often.
      id value bet that.
      apart from TT i think hes in a fml spot with his overall range; so i'd bet biiiiiiiiiiig time. prolly going for 1.5xpot with the majority of my range.
      think best hands to bluff with are the ones that skew his range towards {66-99 and JJ-KK}. so Tx and Ahi diamonds/hearts are prolly nice bluffs.

i mite cback JJ, strong Tx. the rest i bluff.
    • eszibit
      eszibit
      Bronze
      Hi,

Given his read on you and the fact that he has a pretty strong range utg i think he will bluffcatch a lot here esp because the flush misses and people will talk themselfs into calling .
      Don't think he has sets ,maybe 1/4 times he can do this with a flush draw +overcards so he doesn't get raised ott . I think he would call an overbet of 1.5x but maybe 2x will fold ...
      That range hits u a bit better than him ( don't know if he is raising all pp utg but u can deff call them) but i still expect him to call quite a bit.

Was thinking about overbetting missed fd's and sets ,value betting KK+ and checking back qq- .
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      I agree with previous posts, villains range is some weak pairs maybe up to TT and a lot of combo draws with pair OTT. Also I could expect this play from both nut flushdraws sometimes. I think overbetting JJ+ OTR is OK and maybe we even don't need any other betsizing because there aren't that many hands we could bet smaller. Maybe 99 makes sense for a smaller bet, definitely Tx, but we have like 2 combos of those ? xD
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      I had qthh
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      I would valuebet with QThh. If we don't valuebet a hand such as Tx then it's going to be hard for us to bluff our missed draws here. A normal sizing seems fine.
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Gold
      i think its too thin. 99 is prolly the only worse hand calling and he doesnt call it everytime.
      id bluffraise the flop.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      i think he c/fs too much ott w/his air to a small bet to make floating > raising, he will also potentially barrel cards that are good for us.
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Gold
      Originally posted by pleno1
      i think he c/fs too much ott w/his air to a small bet to make floating > raising, he will also potentially barrel cards that are good for us.
      agree if position are looser.
      a std 13-16% utg range + discount flop cbet frq is just so strong imo. id be surprised if he c/f the turn > 30% of the time.
      also, i think you hate life vs a bet on a To turn. a Qo too but less i agree.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      but you're not counting the turns thast I raise and win as well, which are quite a few and our value range becomes wider ott than otf and hes not going to fuck with us ott, but otf may 3bet etc.
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Gold
      true. which ones would u raise?
      idraiset 4, 9, T and J. not sure about low diamondsd.