44% WWSF
      28% WTSD

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: 9:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1, SB raises to $4, fold, Hero calls $3

FLOP ($8.50) 4:club: 9:heart: 7:diamond:

SB bets $6.88, Hero calls $6.88

TURN ($22.26) 4:club: 9:heart: 7:diamond: 9:club:

SB bets $14, Hero calls $14?

There was no special dinamic. I think PF is a call aggainst his range. Flop I dont see any point for a raise. I just want to keep all his range and take a look at possible bd flush/str8 draws. I hit the turn pretty well. Do you guys prefer to shove or call? I called because I dont want him to fold an overpair. When I call, my hand looks like 88, TT-JJ and I think hes shoving the river with an overpair. River he will have 25$ behind and I assume he is never bluffing but he is value betting worse. The board is fairly dry, 65 has OESD and there is now a FD out there.
  • 5 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Pre flop against a 12% 3bet range you are behind with 9Ts and even if his range was wider like 20% you are still behind.

I prefer 4bet bluffing or folding this hand.

Do you have reads on how he plays post flop that you can exploit?
    • LockONNN
      LockONNN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      Pre flop against a 12% 3bet range you are behind with 9Ts and even if his range was wider like 20% you are still behind.
      Yes, but im not calling for value only. Im sure he is c/folding some of the time and he folds something like 48% to cbet raise on 3betpots. I can float him too in some boards where I have some draw/bd equity.
      T9s plays so good ip and has no A or K blockers for a PF 4bet.
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      What other hands would you call in position? TJs? A2s? K9s? What is your 4bet range?

If you decide to play 9Ts then it also makes sense you play everything stronger which is the hands I listed.
    • LockONNN
      LockONNN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      What other hands would you call in position? TJs? A2s? K9s? What is your 4bet range?

If you decide to play 9Ts then it also makes sense you play everything stronger which is the hands I listed.
      I would call 65s-T9s, A2s-A5s. AJ, AQ, KQ. I dont like calling QT,KT, KJ they will be pretty much dominated when I flop TP and I would easily lose a stack aggainst AK,AQ,AJ type hands. Since those broadway type hands play badly post flop I prefer 4beting they have blockers.
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Domination is a pretty rare situation. Suppose you have TJ and he has AJ. In order to be dominated the J must fall and that is 2 outs which is similar to a set trying to hit trips so you don't have to worry about it.

The range you have listed is about 30-35% of hands you are defending against a 12% 3bet range. That is too wide.

Perhaps you can look to defend something like 15% of your range of which the best 8% you can call and the other 7% worse you can 4bet as a bluff