[NL2-NL10] NL5 zoom AJo

• Nejc351
      Nejc351
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $5.12 (102.4 bb)
      SB: $2.75 (55 bb)
      BB: $8.94 (178.8 bb)
      UTG: $2.50 (50 bb)
      MP: $8.25 (165 bb)
      CO: $1.48 (29.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J A
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.52) A 4 8 (3 players)
      MP bets $0.25, CO folds, Hero calls $0.25

Turn: ($1.02) 2 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.55, MP calls $0.55

River: ($2.12) Q (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $1, MP calls $1

Results:
      $4.12 pot ($0.17 rake)
      Final Board: A 4 8 2 Q
      Hero showed J A and lost (-$1.95 net)
      MP showed K A and won $3.95 ($2 net)

25/17 0 3-bet on 36 hands only on this guy on zoom, so practialy unknown opponent. On turn when he check i wanted to take down the pot with a bet, but i think i bet to small, he called the turn and checked back the river, i was between betting and checking, since the flush was out and my kicker wasnt the best, Q,K beats me i wanted to check, but when he checked twice he destroy my gameplan :D and i would expect him to bet on the river so finaly i decided to bet 1$ and he call, i think i would have to check the river.
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I prefer squeezing here rather than overcalling with this hand.

As played preflop, calling the flop is good.

When he checks the turn, I think betting is fine. We can take value from some worse Ax and one card FD, plus if we bet we can take a free SD.

On the river I prefer checking back against an unknown opponent.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Nejc351
      Nejc351
      Bronze
      I would squeez with AQo here but not AJo, but still i have problems with sqeezes and 4bet pots with Ako AQo, people call sqeezes light and then it's hard to play if i don't hit and even if i hit they hit sets, 2 pairs, A with better kicket, etc

Agree checking river would be best option.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nejc351
      I would squeez with AQo here but not AJo, but still i have problems with sqeezes and 4bet pots with Ako AQo, people call sqeezes light and then it's hard to play if i don't hit and even if i hit they hit sets, 2 pairs, A with better kicket, etc

Agree checking river would be best option.
      '

You have a mind-set problem here. They rarely hit either, so you can usually take the pot down with just a cbet, whether you hit or not. Ofc, you should have a plan and not to sqz against any type of villain.

In this spot I'd squeeze for sure, now you have to play blind when you don't know whether your hit is good or not. And if you had missed the flop you would have had to ch/f.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I agree with @CPallo here.

I think that if we call here it is much more likely to get in trouble.
      Our hand is dominated here and we can't raelly hit any good draws.
      On the other hand if we squeeze, we would love to pick up the pot right here (we also have blockers) and even if we get called we will have the initiative plus position so we could put pressure on their rather weak ranges.