SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 4:heart: 4:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) T:spade: 4:spade: 9:diamond:
      Hero bets 5 BB, BTN raises to 22.5 BB, Hero calls 17.5 BB

Turn: (52.5 BB, 2 players) 7:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 87.3 BB, Hero calls 74.5 BB

River: (201.5 BB, 2 players) J:club:

Hero mucks 4:heart: 4:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Fours) (Pre 50%, Flop 86%, Turn 91%)
      BTN shows K:heart: Q:heart: (Straight, King High) (Pre 50%, Flop 14%, Turn 9%)
      BTN wins 191.45 BB

10 hands on him, VPiP 80

Should I 3bet flop? I had low set, and I wanted to include bluffs in his range.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Do we have any reason to think that he is bluffing at all? There are many terrible turns that can kill our action and he can raise for value many worse hands that can easily stack off.

So I would just 3-bet and go with the hand. Maybe make it like 50 BB so you still give him plenty of room to make mistakes.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Well, we are playing poker, and that is the game about bluffing :) so that is the reason I think he could be bluffing. I dont know his tendencies, but it is possible that he bluffs. It could be also semibluff with JQ, or gutshot as he played, and I planned to call flop and shove turn to make him commited with draws
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      Well, we are playing poker, and that is the game about bluffing :) so that is the reason I think he could be bluffing. I dont know his tendencies, but it is possible that he bluffs. It could be also semibluff with JQ, or gutshot as he played, and I planned to call flop and shove turn to make him commited with draws
      The way we are playing the hand we are giving him a chance to see a free river. If we were IP I'd agree more with your line.

You can't tell me that a default fish is more likely to bluff than raise for value or semibluff. Semibluffs can call a raise from us (or shove over) and maybe even bluff spew.

As I said I would make a small 3-bet and not a shove.