Hero (BB): 109.4 BB
      UTG: 142.2 BB
      MP: 48.45 BB
      CO: 104.2 BB
      BTN: 164.15 BB
      SB: 149.65 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:spade: K:club:

fold, MP raises to 2 BB, CO calls 2 BB, BTN calls 2 BB, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, CO calls 8 BB, BTN calls 8 BB

Flop: (32.5 BB, 3 players) T:heart: 6:heart: 4:diamond:
      Hero bets 20 BB, CO calls 20 BB, fold

Turn: (72.5 BB, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: (72.5 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      Hero bets 40 BB, CO calls 40 BB

Hero shows Q:spade: K:club: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 46%, Flop 27%, Turn 95%)
      CO shows 8:diamond: 8:club: (One Pair, Eights) (Pre 54%, Flop 73%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins 144.9 BB

5 hands on MP VPiP 80

BU 15 hands, pfr 5

Is sqeeze ok here? first player looks fishy, and BU also, but tight.
      I plan on flop to bet, and bet turn if scare card comes.
      Is check turn ok to let him bluff if he floats? I was not sure if he hitted set (I assume people mostly call sqeeze with PP) so it was also pot control.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: OOP I'd probably make it 12-14 BB here to avoid being called in multiple spots.

Postflop: Do you really expect CO to float with another guy left to act? If you were HU I'd agree with you but multiway his range is almost always draws and pairs. Thus I would bet the turn.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Exactly, I expect him mostly to have PP and less often draws, or set, so I expect him to fold turn with PP bet because Q is scare card. And they usually try to take the pot down, I see rarely check behind.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      Exactly, I expect him mostly to have PP and less often draws, or set, so I expect him to fold turn with PP bet because Q is scare card. And they usually try to take the pot down, I see rarely check behind.
      So why would he want to bluff with pairs? He would either valuebet or try to go to showdown imo.

In a spot like this I think he is bluffcatching the flop and looking to get to showdown more than anything else. It's true that if we bet we may get him to fold some pairs but I think 1/2 pot (or even less) can still get called and that way we don't run the risk of him checking back.