Hero (BB): 100 BB
      UTG: 130.25 BB
      MP: 97.05 BB
      CO: 256.5 BB
      BTN: 100 BB
      SB: 105.15 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:club: 9:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, BTN calls 7 BB

Flop: (20.5 BB, 2 players) T:spade: Q:heart: J:heart:
      Hero bets 11 BB, BTN calls 11 BB

Turn: (42.5 BB, 2 players) 3:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 25 BB, Hero raises to 79 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero shows K:club: 9:spade: (Straight, King High)
      Hero wins 87.9 BB

I 3bet because his attempt to steal is 50%, but this hand is bluff if he calls.

I played hand just 2 min ago, the hand which I posted 67s when he bluff 3betted on turn with air. Thats why I bet flop and check shove turn to let him bluff in the case he floats, and if he has something he should call it. Also I check raise because there could be many scare cards, or action killer for me. if K comes.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: I prefer not to 3-bet hands like this that have poor playability postflop in spots where we will get called a lot. We also know that villain is capable of moves and since our hand misses often we will be in trouble.

Postflop: I agree with your postflop play here and we can expect villain to rarely have a strong hand because he'd almost always raise the flop but he can still have hands like KJ/KT/KQ that he bet/calls turn with or backdoor flushes.

So the only thing I would do differently preflop would be not to 3-bet him this type of hand.