This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] K9o 3bet BB

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): 100 BB
      UTG: 130.25 BB
      MP: 97.05 BB
      CO: 256.5 BB
      BTN: 100 BB
      SB: 105.15 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:club: 9:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, BTN calls 7 BB

Flop: (20.5 BB, 2 players) T:spade: Q:heart: J:heart:
      Hero bets 11 BB, BTN calls 11 BB

Turn: (42.5 BB, 2 players) 3:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 25 BB, Hero raises to 79 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero shows K:club: 9:spade: (Straight, King High)
      Hero wins 87.9 BB

I 3bet because his attempt to steal is 50%, but this hand is bluff if he calls.

I played hand just 2 min ago, the hand which I posted 67s when he bluff 3betted on turn with air. Thats why I bet flop and check shove turn to let him bluff in the case he floats, and if he has something he should call it. Also I check raise because there could be many scare cards, or action killer for me. if K comes.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: I prefer not to 3-bet hands like this that have poor playability postflop in spots where we will get called a lot. We also know that villain is capable of moves and since our hand misses often we will be in trouble.

Postflop: I agree with your postflop play here and we can expect villain to rarely have a strong hand because he'd almost always raise the flop but he can still have hands like KJ/KT/KQ that he bet/calls turn with or backdoor flushes.

So the only thing I would do differently preflop would be not to 3-bet him this type of hand.