from a book

• windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      I was reading this book and read this example of domination and freerolling..

flop is 9s6c5s

Hero: Ts9c8c7s
      Villain: AhKd8h7c

Im just wondering since hero is a big favorite here does that mean that villain should be folding his straight here?? is this part what I read that "sometimes in omaha you have to fold the nuts on the flop"??
  • 7 replies
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      "It depends".

It's all about ranges. You don't know what your opponent has so you can only think about the possible hands he could hold and work out your odds accordingly.

If the hands were turned face up, then yes AK87 should be folding this flop.

I recommend using a site like http://propokertools.com/simulations

Put in the cards and select the correct game and it will show you the odds.

Omaha Hi Simulation

board: 9s 6c 5s

Ts 9c 8c 7s 77.99%
      Ah Kd 8h 7c 22.01%
    • fizbin
      fizbin
      Bronze
      If Villain bets pot and Hero raises pot, then that's where Villain should muck the nuts, usually, given that he doesn't have any redraws. It also depends on SPR (stack-to-pot ratio) and whether Villain believes Hero is sane.
    • windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      I agree however I think theres a lot of player in micros(2PLO).. overplay(like this one) even just trips.. is it ok to just be passive in this situation and just flat every bet until the possible card for his possible redraw come then fold..
    • windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      well technically with situation if we are the villain, we know that we are behind with his range.. so what will be the best line here is it just to fold on the flop.. or is it ok to be passive since just like what I said most on the micros overplay even sets and just fold if a card that could beat you that is on his range comes on the later street..
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      It's not as simple as Hwang says it is (I assume it's his book you are talking about). The book was written for fullring games, and is about nutpeddling.

You should always concider dynamics etc. before making your decisions. When you bet full pot and opponent raises, there might be so much money in the pot that you can't fold the nuts. Like if you need 35% equity to call, it would be a mistake to fold a hand that has average equity of 50% against opponent's range.

As a thumb rule, I would say that never fold the nuts at micros if you are 100bb deep and against one opponent. Sometimes you get freerolled, but quite often opponent has just set or bare nuts.
    • windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      so the book wont work for Short Handed?? what is netpeddling BTW?
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by windar021
      what is netpeddling BTW?
      Folding everything that isn't a super strong hand preflop and the nuts on the flop. Occasionally acceptable in full ring games against loose opponents but otherwise will cost you a lot of money.