Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.30, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) 6:heart: A:diamond: Q:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.72, BTN calls $0.72

Turn: ($2.19, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($2.19, 2 players) K:heart:
      Hero bets $0.70, BTN raises to $3.40, Hero calls $2.70

Preflop - standart opening.
      Player in general looks quite tricky for me from previous hands with him.

On flop I guess the hand turned into bluff due to flop texture and being aggressor.
      Flop lead is to filter all low hands like suited connectors and low pairs.

On turn I should have bet big to make him fold Kx, Qx, JT, Ax hands.
      Check allows all drawing hands to continue and get free card.

River bet I guess is fine considering that he has still hands like two pair Ax that I get a call from.

Against a raise I should have folded.
  • 6 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Well from my point of view this is not standard opening from UTG. But with good postflop play of course you can open a bit looser. I always fold those hands for example from UTG. Also if we take a look at equilab in standard ORC you won't hfnd JTs there as opening hand from UTG.

As played on flop i don't see a point of betting so much. You can achieve the same result with betting smaller. Anyway for me flop is check/fold.

As played i think on turn nothing change so i would ckeck/fold again

River i would bet a bit more and call since you represent nothing more than Ax hand. I also don't see many :heart: hands calling flop.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Standard open from utg . We have the best suited connector and foldig it just makes our utg range overly tight.

Flop: dont bet so large. 50c will do.

Turn: bad for barreling gutshots cos we are already perceived to be barreling so many fluhsdraws.

River: just bet 2/3 pot. When he raises as played we def cant fold as he can have twopairs or bluff.

Thanks.
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alan883
      Well from my point of view this is not standard opening from UTG. But with good postflop play of course you can open a bit looser. I always fold those hands for example from UTG. Also if we take a look at equilab in standard ORC you won't hfnd JTs there as opening hand from UTG.

As played on flop i don't see a point of betting so much. You can achieve the same result with betting smaller. Anyway for me flop is check/fold.

As played i think on turn nothing change so i would ckeck/fold again

River i would bet a bit more and call since i don't see many :heart: hands calling flop.
      My UTG opening range consists of 12.5% hands.
      Why suited connectors - because they have better playability postflop. like flush draws, straight draws. That means you will be able to semi bluff or call with the right odds more often.

As I review it then check fold on flop would be the cheapest line because in his range there are a lot of Ax, KQ-KT hands. And my hand misses quite often against his flopped or drawing hands.

In this case I wanted to achieve a bluff by betting but missplayed my own plan by checking the turn. Should have bet close to pot on turn.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I wouldn't open this if there was looser opponents behind me, it's just impossible to play this hand profitably versus them.

AS played, why bet so big on flop? With that sizing you drive away most of the hands that would call you once but fold to 2nd barrel.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      @Cpallo: thats not true. Jts is suh a good hand. You can flop pairs or draws. Besides if you dont balanceyour range with more speculative hands, its super easy to play against your narrowly defined range.

Betting flop is by far the best line. If you bet 50 into 70, your bluff needs to work abt 40% of the time. Whydont u actually use pokerstove? Give him a preflop range, see his range in % of hands, unclick all those hands u think he folds. Then u can find out your fold equity on the flop.

Dont forget u have equity too, u can improve to a straight with a King..
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CPallo
      I wouldn't open this if there was looser opponents behind me, it's just impossible to play this hand profitably versus them.

AS played, why bet so big on flop? With that sizing you drive away most of the hands that would call you once but fold to 2nd barrel.
      First call could still be from floating bands like Ax or Qx because on flop the call is still relatively cheap. And if I would bet bit on turn too even backdoor flush most likely would fold.

This time opponent had Q5 of hearts and he beat me with flush. On pot size turn bet I guess he would have folded as for I look like playing for stacks with worst like AK, AQ.