Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has 8:club: 9:club:

Hero raises to $0.75, fold, CO calls $0.75, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.85, 2 players) Q:heart: 3:club: J:club:
      Hero bets $1.25, CO raises to $4.00, Hero calls $2.75

Turn: ($9.85, 2 players) J:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($9.85, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.30, fold

Villain is prety agro 25/22,ag f 4.6,afq 62%,raise flop cbet 30%, 3 bets 8 %
      300 hands- i have a note that he raises fl draw + one over card and calls shove.
      So i dont know i got lost in hand , beeing oop i think i should shove or fold with my 12 outer draw ( they are not clean outs so maybe fold is best)
      What do you think about calling is that reversed implayed odds?! And the way that he played looks like some busted draws also so should i be consider river X/r shoving ?
  • 2 replies
    • erptech
      erptech
      Gold
      4betting flop as semibluff is not a good option imo considering that he is often semibluffraising himself. he is rarely folding better draws than your own, and folding some straight draws and pure bluffs.
      so i prefer call flop as we have decent equity.

on the turn there is nothing we can do but check as lead wouldn't accomplish much unless we have really strong reads which would let us bluff some rivers.

river sizing seems like thin value or bluffinduce, so fold is good.
    • Desultory
      Desultory
      Basic
      30% is massive for an average flop raise % assuming you have like 100+ hands on him.

This could be largely GS's & air in general, or completely TP + fd's planning to get it in. I would keep an eye on what he raises in future to get a perspective on what that range is usually made up of. I would also keep an eye on if he calls flop with TPTK type stuff, because you can then take that out of his raise range then. He might also blocker raise MP's given this 30% number.

This is a great hand to show that playing oop sucks.
      I don't think hes raise-folding enough GS's to make re raising good, even if we factor out AQ+ hands. If he blocker raises MP's then 3betting flop is becoming more attractive but probably still not great.
      Calling the raise oop isn't particular attractive either, because if we hit the turn and he bets again, we are unsure if this is purely better flush draws or maybe GS's trying to get us off top pair.

Folding will stop us making any further mistakes and if I am playing many tables, I will probably just fold. I hate folding though.
      Because his raise range is so awkward to play against, maybe checking with plans of calling or raising flop is better as his ranges will be wider then... So maybe the mistake is cbetting the flop.

After cbetting, I don't blame you for calling and I think the majority of players will. The more Axs he has in his calling pre range, the more calling is bad because of reverse implied odds.

When he checks back turn, he has a lot of giving up GS's that beat your hand and the Axs hands that decide they can't bet you off top pair. Top pair may check back as a trappy line though.

I think betting the river is better after he checks back but you will look like a lot of missed draws so if he does do this trappy line then you pay him off. At least you get a note on how he plays for your $.

The way you played it isn't terrible, but it very much depends on his range how you should have played it.