UTG ($26.11)
      UTG+1 ($44.46)
      UTG+2 ($15)
      MP1 ($24.90)
      MP2 ($20)
      CO ($31.42)
      BTN ($53.67)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: J:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.63, fold, Hero raises to $2.19, fold, CO calls $1.56

FLOP ($4.63) J:club: A:club: 7:heart:

Hero bets $2.20, CO folds

Hero shows K:heart: J:heart:

Hero wins $4.42

Villain is 18/14, 29% from CO, F3B 43%

Not sure how good a flat call is here, BB has never squeezed over 550 hands.
      I generally 3 bet KJs from the blinds as I hate playing oop without initiative, and this guy should call with many worse Jx, and probably KTs, maybe K9s.

When I get this flop what's my best line? I would bet KK for value but is this a little thin now that QQ beats us? and if I check am I not announcing that I don't have an A.

I would always check this hand if I opened in a normal raised pot HU, how should I change my thinking in a 3 bet pot?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey ChangNoi77,

If your hand is not strong enough to call, then your 3bet is not a value 3bet! It is a bluff. 3bet bluffing with KJs is fine if you think it's a little weak to call.

Against this guy you can't really bluff though. He looks tightish, and his Ft3bet is low. Folding might be best. You are 120BB deep so calling may be an acceptable option although you might be be a slight underdog vs his range.

Checking flop is usually the best line vs this opponent. He will have a reasonably strong range. The only thing you miss value from is gutshots/flushdraws. The rest of the time you will be value-owning yourself and putting yourself in a tough spot on turn when called. Villain often has showdown value and will check back flop with most of the hands you beat.