Hero bets $0.80, UTG calls $0.80

RIVER ($3.10) 2:spade: 6:spade: T:club: T:spade: 9:diamond:

Hero bets $4.70, UTG calls $4.70

UTG shows K:diamond: T:heart:
      (Pre 46%, Flop 1.6%, Turn 15.9%)

Hero shows 6:heart: 6:diamond:
      (Pre 54%, Flop 98.4%, Turn 84.1%)

Hero wins $11.67

C/r on the flop is better since there is FD and he might have some strong overpair or even Tx.

On T I go for smaller bet with intention of inducing raise of Tx and flushes. Is it better just to c/r?

On the R I was afraid a bit of T9 but in the end I went for bigger bet to get max value. Can flushes call this big bet? I wasn't thinking what I was representing...mainly Tx hands I guess. Although I go c/c and donk T when flush comes so maybe even some flushes.
  • 5 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey yaxkukmian,

Nothing terribly wrong with the hand, I'd play it less tricky though.

Normally I would just donk-bet the flop multiway. If I checked, normally it would be with the intention of check/raising unless the board was dry. I'd probably check-raise on this particular board.

I don't mind your turn donk, it prevents hands like JJ+ or even 77-99 with a spade from checking back. If the T didn't pair I'd probably check to raiser again.

River bet is pretty decent. Villain can call with flushes and Tx. If he has T9/99 it is a cooler.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l

Normally I would just donk-bet the flop multiway. If I checked, normally it would be with the intention of check/raising unless the board was dry. I'd probably check-raise on this particular board.
      I tend to c/r on the smaller side so villain call me more often. I would c/r to $1,50 here. I give him nice quite nice price. But raising more seems super strong so I think I see to many folds to my play.

Was also experimenting with $1,25 raises but in the end I think it's still better to raise a bit more than that.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      I tend to c/r on the smaller side so villain call me more often. I would c/r to $1,50 here. I give him nice quite nice price. But raising more seems super strong so I think I see to many folds to my play.
      This is the reason I prefer a donk-bet in most cases. Check-raise looks too strong multiway, especially if you have guy left to act behind you.

For this reason flatting your set is not out of the question. You may have increase implied odds due to deception. I.e villain never puts you on a set "because you would have check-raised flop".

However if villain cannot read hands (which is very possible at 10nl), you don't gain as much value by playing deceptively and should just check-raise. It doesn't need to be super huge on this board imo, $1.10 would be fine.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Ok, tnx for your time and thoughts. :)
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      No probs :)