FLOP ($1.20) T:club: 4:club: 8:heart:

Hero bets $0.80, BB calls $0.80

TURN ($2.80) T:club: 4:club: 8:heart: J:diamond:

Hero bets $1.40, BB raises to $5, Hero calls $3.60

RIVER ($12.80) T:club: 4:club: 8:heart: J:diamond: 9:heart:

Hero checks, BB bets $13.60 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $12.16

19/15/1.8, vs steal call in BB 50 (4), 52h

he was on tilt, was angry in the chat when lost vs fish few hands before this

Turn I did not want to bet big because not too maney Tx hands is in his range, and JT now is there.

But there should be many FDs which could float, so maybe I had to bet big.

But on the other hand - such small bet maybe induce the bluff? So I called expecting on river him to slowdown because he should not believe that has must fold equity.

And this river is really bad, hit lot of his range, so fold.

So what do you think about turn?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Speed,

Normally against a nitty guy we would fold this hand to a bigger turn raise. However given our recent read that he may be spewing I would look at 3-betting that turn and getting it in versus some of his Jx floats and many draws that can raise (and it's BvB so people play looser).

As played he is repping Qx there and nothing else as I doubt he is shipping that 4 to straight board with TJ or JJ. He can have QJ, maybe QT, or some club Qx hands so he does have some there. So it's just a matter of how many other bluffs can we see him having there? And if he raised all FDs on the turn he can have quite a few but I still think it's much closer to a fold than a call.