This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH - QTo: cbet or not cbet 2

• Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Bronze
      45/14
      2.1 af
      60% fold vs cbet (15)
      116 hands

CO: $32.42 (64.8 bb)
      BTN: $53.17 (106.3 bb)
      Hero (SB): $62.77 (125.5 bb)
      BB: $29.59 (59.2 bb)
      UTG: $40.61 (81.2 bb)
      MP: $50.20 (100.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:club: Q:heart:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN folds, Hero raises to $2.25, BB folds, CO calls $1.75

Flop: ($5) 7:heart: 8:diamond: A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero ?

Hi.
      Im trying to work again in some aspects that might look basic but were i think i might have some leaks.
      Its known (and i confirmed in my database) that A high boards are the ones were we have more fold equity cbetting, but im cbetting less in Axx (62%) than K/Q/J/T high boards. I think its because often i try to pot control on Axx or i dont cbet because i think i dont have much equity if called, for example with KQ in 782 i have more equity when called than A78. anyway there are spots were im not cbetting i maybe i should, like this one (?!).
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lunitis,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I think this is still a ck/fold spot. For one we really don't have much equity in the pot, if any. Then we play a fishy guy that will have every Ax in the deck (minus some bigger ones) and lots of draws (oesd/gutshots/fds) that won't necessarily fold to a bet (along with other pairs).

And on top of that we can't really continue on many turns.

You may also want to check your HM to see if A high boards give you so much FE in both OOP and IP spots. Because those two should be much different. For example I'd expect you to take down a lot more pots with Axx IP than OOP.