[NL2-NL10] NL10SH KK dacing A river vs fish

• Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Of course Flop is questionable. But what worse can i raise and still get called after donking like that? because flop was so dry i decided to call.

now A came and strangely none bets. I decided to bet to get called by hand that donked flop.

Only SB left and he bets river. My odds are great but what to do? I loose vs almost everything. But also fishes sometimes just bet and hope we will fold.

So i have to be ahead only 17 % of time and i think i am so from that point of view call is justified.

What do you think?

Thanks a lot....

But judges be careful....in every mine hand is part of your thoughts....if i do stupid things it is also your fault a bit :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

Guys you are really inspiration to me for playing poker so thanks for all effort here.

PKR, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $9.53 (95.3 bb)
      Hero (CO): $12.86 (128.6 bb)
      BTN: $15.93 (159.3 bb)
      SB: $4.01 (40.1 bb)
      BB: $6.98 (69.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K K
      MP folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BTN folds, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.20) 6 T 3 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, SB calls $0.60

Turn: ($3.00) A (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB calls $1.50, BB folds

River: ($6) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.51 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.51

Results:
      $9.02 pot ($0.90 rake)
      Final Board: 6 T 3 A 5
      Hero showed K K and lost (-$4.01 net)
      SB showed T 5 and won $8.12 ($4.11 net)
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is good of course.

I think both calling and raising the flop are good options and one can argue about both of them being right.
      I doubt that he folds a Tx here on this board so raising might be fine.
      On the other hand, the board is quite dry, so we can call and let SB to come in as well since there are too many bad turn cards here.

As played, I prefer checking back the turn.
      We can take one street of value against Tx max, so I think we can seek for it on the river here.

On the river it really sucks when he bets like this and when I play I would probably not fold as well.
      If we think about it though, I think we aren't really good one out of six times, so folding will be best.

But judges be careful....in every mine hand is part of your thoughts....if i do stupid things it is also your fault a bit

Guys you are really inspiration to me for playing poker so thanks for all effort here.
      Hope we don't teach you too much stupid things. :D

It's really good to see that you like our work.

Best,
      Plamen
    • piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze
      I often RR any donk bets. i see them as sign of weakness. if called i shove the turn... carefull, must know who you play agaisnt ;)
      Opinion?
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Yeah i was thinking about that option while playing but didn't see a reason to do so. maybe i can get called by AT or JJ or some lower pps but still....i make many worse hands fold and run myself in very difficult later decisions. A was kind of hand i didn't want to see a lot but still. Somehow AT is now two pairs and probably BB would bet. As they checked it looked a bit weak.

Its 3 way pot so i didn't want to go crazy on flop with possibility of beeing already a lot behind. I think i learnt that last weeks.

I hope for some easier decisions in future :f_biggrin:

Thanks all for replies.