This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] sh KJo MP

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      SB: $3.06 (153 bb)
      BB: $1.65 (82.5 bb) 26/12/110 hands marked as fish
      UTG: $1.90 (95 bb)
      Hero (MP): $2.08 (104 bb)
      CO: $2 (100 bb)
      BTN: $3.79 (189.5 bb) 17/13/3bet 4/cbet 83/WTSD 23

Preflop: Hero is MP with K:heart: J:spade:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.08, CO folds, BTN raises to $0.16, SB folds, BB calls $0.14, Hero calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.49) T:spade: T:club: A:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.49) Q:diamond: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.44, BTN calls $0.44, BB folds

River: ($1.47) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.48 and is all-in, BTN calls $1.48

preflop : after the minraise from the BU i folding but when the fishy BB calls i call .

flop : i was plan to ch/fold this board hits there range very good

turn : when i make the str8 i plan to go broke even though FHs are possible but also 2 pairs sets e.tc.

river : is blank + i got a pot size bet left so i value push against Ax Tx ( even though a slowplay FH its possible .)

What u think overall ?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Noulispa,

Preflop: We should look at folding this preflop despite the small 3-bet and call. Our hand is easily dominate and we can't really flop anything strong

Postflop: As played what do you think villain will check back the flop with and then go broke?

TT, QQ and AA are all in his range while Ax is less likely. I doubt he ever checks AQ or AK on the flop. So I think we are overplaying this big time.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      Preflop: We should look at folding this preflop despite the small 3-bet and call. Our hand is easily dominate and we can't really flop anything strong

hello Bogdan,

Against such tight guys when i face a small 3bet like this what hands its ok to call with ? I struggling when i face 3bets like this i think i call a lot . I have to seem them as normal 3bets and play accordingly. Or i can call with poker pairs for set value and sth like Ajs + and suited hands generally ?

thanks
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by noulispa

hello Bogdan,

Against such tight guys when i face a small 3bet like this what hands its ok to call with ? I struggling when i face 3bets like this i think i call a lot . I have to seem them as normal 3bets and play accordingly. Or i can call with poker pairs for set value and sth like Ajs + and suited hands generally ?

thanks
      Normally hands that play for better implied odds and are not getting us in trouble. Like these offsuite broadways will pose problems especially when we flop a K or J.

So I would stick with pairs, some suited connectors, some suited aces/broadways as long as we don't overplay them.

Very few people bluff 3-bet these amounts so you want to make sure you don't get dominated when you call.