SB: $10.38 31/11 3bet 5% agfactor 1.6 wts 42 hands 139
      BB: $2.32
      Hero (UTG): $10.85
      MP: $9.65
      CO: $10.10
      BTN: $10.89

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with A :diamond: K :diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, SB raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.10) K :heart: 7 :spade: 8 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.50) 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.50) 3 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $4.10, Hero calls $4.10

preflop: SB is 3 betting vs open raise from UTG, I think his range is very strong here, I do not want to 4bet here, because he will fold all his weaker hands and shove with a strong range I assume a 4bet range of 2.47%. So I call hopping to hit a Top Pair, and let him valuebet himself.

flop: Kx flop, he will cbet here wide, so I just call to let him valuebet himself

turn: in a 3bet pot I am not afraid of draws, my options on the turn:

-to check and induce a thin value bet or a bluff bet from him on the river, but if he check on the rive I will value bet myself

-bet myself on the turn to extract value from Kx hands on the turn and river

what do you think about my plan for this hand ?
  • 2 replies
    • w34z3l
      Hey Staselu,

Preflop is awkward. You could easily be behind the range of the SB. You are getting a better price than normal and the sizing may indicate SB is a fish so I'd call.

You definitely want to call flop. SB is probably cbetting pretty wide. Raising doesn't really achieve much because you will isolate yourself vs AA/KK and fold out the rest.

The same is true on the turn. You could easily isolate yourself vs better hands by betting if we assume SB had a tight preflop 3bet range. Stuff like TT-QQ we can only really get one more street of value from, and we are more likely to get this on the river. Also by checking he may bluff river. So I think your plan is decent.

River sizing is a little worrying but I would call. It doesn't make sense for him to bet QQ-TT type hand this way. He could be bluffing with AJ/AQ type of hand (or more combos if his 3bet range is wide), but he could also have AA/KK or a set and taken a weird line.
    • w34z3l
      edit: double post