This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKs

• staselu
      staselu
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2099391
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $10.38 31/11 3bet 5% agfactor 1.6 wts 42 hands 139
      BB: $2.32
      Hero (UTG): $10.85
      MP: $9.65
      CO: $10.10
      BTN: $10.89

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with A :diamond: K :diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, SB raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.10) K :heart: 7 :spade: 8 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.50) 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.50) 3 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $4.10, Hero calls $4.10

preflop: SB is 3 betting vs open raise from UTG, I think his range is very strong here, I do not want to 4bet here, because he will fold all his weaker hands and shove with a strong range I assume a 4bet range of 2.47%. So I call hopping to hit a Top Pair, and let him valuebet himself.

flop: Kx flop, he will cbet here wide, so I just call to let him valuebet himself

turn: in a 3bet pot I am not afraid of draws, my options on the turn:

-to check and induce a thin value bet or a bluff bet from him on the river, but if he check on the rive I will value bet myself

-bet myself on the turn to extract value from Kx hands on the turn and river

what do you think about my plan for this hand ?
  • 2 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Staselu,

Preflop is awkward. You could easily be behind the range of the SB. You are getting a better price than normal and the sizing may indicate SB is a fish so I'd call.

You definitely want to call flop. SB is probably cbetting pretty wide. Raising doesn't really achieve much because you will isolate yourself vs AA/KK and fold out the rest.

The same is true on the turn. You could easily isolate yourself vs better hands by betting if we assume SB had a tight preflop 3bet range. Stuff like TT-QQ we can only really get one more street of value from, and we are more likely to get this on the river. Also by checking he may bluff river. So I think your plan is decent.

River sizing is a little worrying but I would call. It doesn't make sense for him to bet QQ-TT type hand this way. He could be bluffing with AJ/AQ type of hand (or more combos if his 3bet range is wide), but he could also have AA/KK or a set and taken a weird line.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      edit: double post