This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH: J10s

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      The villain is a very bad player and is playing with stats 48/5 in 59 hands. I saw him one time check-minraise TPTK on the flop.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.17)
      BB ($10.63)
      UTG ($8.72)
      UTG+1 ($5.11)
      CO ($10)
      Hero ($10.40)

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.95) Q:diamond: 4:club: 8:diamond:

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.95) Q:diamond: 4:club: 8:diamond: K:diamond:

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.60, BB raises to $1.40, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $2.70, BB calls $1.30

RIVER ($6.35) Q:diamond: 4:club: 8:diamond: K:diamond: 9:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $3.02

First of all, do you think I should have bet on the flop? Also, do you think it would be better to just call on the turn and raise his river bet?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Acetbfish,

Preflop call is ok. It'd be a lot better if villain wasn't half-stacked.

I'd bet the flop. If UTG+1 was a huuge calling station I might check it back, but you don't really need a lot of fold-equity to make a bet profitable. You also build a pot and can extract more money when you hit a diamond or 9.

When BB check-raises with UTG+1 still to act behind he is usually very strong. Often he has a flush. Sometimes a slow-played set or a misplayed Kx. I doubt he is ever folding to a flop 3bet, you might aswell go immediately for value. I'd probably make it a bit larger so you can comfortably get stacks in on river, around $3.50 perhaps. A $2.70 bet means you will have to overbet unless UTG+1 tags along.

I'd probably just pot river. BB is usually strong. Sometimes he will even have A high flush, but more often something weaker that he doesn't want to fold to any sized bet.