Hand ranges

• Festfingre
      Festfingre
      Silver
      Hello

I'm trying to get the hang of reading hand ranges preflop.

If villain has vpip and pfr of 25\22, should i consider that his allover range is
      looser than mine, or is it more likely that only his mp and ep ranges are looser?

What range do you put him on in the different positions?

If this is too basic, please point me in the direction of an article i have missed
      or a thread that may answer my questions.

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      I'm trying to get better at this also, and have been playing around with Flopzilla a bit, but i mainly play on Bovada so don't have any HUD numbers to go by.

I got a HH converter that lets you now import the Bovada hands into HM2 or PT. and in one of the last updates, you can now see mucked cards. so is pretty helpful with seeing their hand ranges, etc., but you can't get the HH for 24 hours, and the players are anonymous, so you likely won't see same villian.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      What do you mean looser than yours? How can we answer that if we don't know your ranges?

I guess you asked should we consider that his range is looser than his pfr? That will mostly be the case if villain is positionally aware. (almost anyone pretty much)

So in that case he'll prob be tighter than his overall pfr in EP and MP, and likely looser at CO and BU.

Overall PFR isn't that great stat to rely on if you want to get an exact read on villains preflop hand ranges. If for example villain is the open raiser from let's say MP then the most accurate stat (if you have big enough sample on him) will be "raise first in from MP".
    • Festfingre
      Festfingre
      Silver
      Sorry, my vpip/pfr is about 19/16

But you still did answer my question pretty well, thanks.

I usually formulate my questions bad/stupid, good work keeping up :)