pokerstars supreruser promo?

• badbeatnotilt
      badbeatnotilt
      Silver
      Has anyone seen the acoimbra promo, 100 to 100k?
      It started just before the launch of playmoney games from stars on facebook.

He runs like unreal or what?
      And he is reporting this attempt like with so many details as if he has a team of professionals bloggers behind.

Any thoughts?
  • 6 replies
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Originally posted by badbeatnotilt
      Has anyone seen the acoimbra promo, 100 to 100k?
      It started just before the launch of playmoney games from stars on facebook.

He runs like unreal or what?
      And he is reporting this attempt like with so many details as if he has a team of professionals bloggers behind.

Any thoughts?
      I have been following his blog and admittedly he has actually done very well. However I do recall the first few days he actually run pretty badly and ended up learning a harsh lesson about proper bankroll management for turbo MTT SNGs. Which he wrote in his blog for everyone to read, have you read his whole blog?

If you have followed the blog you may realize that he isn't a superuser (not sure why pokerstars would risk their whole company as exposure would surely close them down) and that he actually played the tournaments very well. Yes he has had some coaching from some good MTT SNG players but he is now in his comfort zone playing regular speed MTTs. But along with this yes he has also run very well the past week which it is possible to do so considering he is also a very skilled player. However i'm sure he will have a break-even period like everyone else because that is variance.

Got nothing but respect for a guy who would attempt a challenge like this considering he has already proved he can win at higher stakes and also he is donating all the winnings to charity.

So my question to you is why would anyone risk everything and be a so called 'Superuser' to do a challenge like this for charity? It just wouldn't be worth it in my opinion.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      This guy used to crush magic the gathering I think.

Maybe he runs good but he's probably a genius too.
    • badbeatnotilt
      badbeatnotilt
      Silver
      Yes he has had some coaching from some good MTT SNG players but he is now in his comfort zone playing regular speed MTTs.

Ok, so he got coaching and then crushed some mttsngs.
      Then he went in his comfort zone and crushed some more despite not having large cashes on similar fields?
      All the above in less than a months time?

Got nothing but respect for a guy who would attempt a challenge like this considering he has already proved he can win at higher stakes and also he is donating all the winnings to charity.

Snes are rakeback pros, not?
      A ps pro is donating players money by promoting the softness of stars tourney fields, right?
      And we all know that pokerstars and soft fields it's def a fact :s_love:
      He has admitted that this is a stars promo so my bet is that he is getting payed during this time.

So my question to you is why would anyone risk everything and be a so called 'Superuser' to do a challenge like this for charity? It just wouldn't be worth it in my opinion.

If the target pool group, facebook players, isn't worth x times the amount of this "promo" then i can't find a reasoning
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Im sorry but I just can't see what you point is, are you saying pokerstars is rigged?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      I guess he is saying stars hit the boom-switch for acoimbra so that their MTTs look really soft. It would look pretty bad for stars if he got crushed. He probably just ran good though.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      I guess he is saying stars hit the boom-switch for acoimbra so that their MTTs look really soft. It would look pretty bad for stars if he got crushed. He probably just ran good though.
      +1 can only agree