TURN ($1.80) 5:diamond: 9:diamond: J:club: 9:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($1.80) 5:diamond: 9:diamond: J:club: 9:heart: J:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.20, Hero folds

BTN wins $1.71

BTN:

notes (did not have those in game):
      donk 2/3 in unraise Axx w air in 3way OOP, check till sd
      cbet almost pot IP AKxfd w GS, cbh A turn, cbet river 2/3 when flush posible

BB: 15/11/3, squze 3% 628h

called preflop because its lower than 99

he can have bluffs on flop so I call to see what happens, such a small bet. THe problem is he is more agro on turn and river and I am unlikely to improve, so maybe its a fold there.
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey SPeedFANat1c,

Call preflop is fine.

I don't mind your flop call, villain is cbetting very wide. Even villains range that misses has decent equity vs you, but there is chance villain is not following up with enough 2nd barrels on turn, so you should know where you stand by then. If villain was going to stay aggressive on the turn you should probably fold flop.

I'd consider donking river as a bluff once you get counterfeited. Villain likely continues betting with anything strong on turn + you'd play your value hands this way. The only downside is the river J means your river bet reps a narrower range so I'd understand if you just prefer to check/fold.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      If villain was going to stay aggressive on the turn you should probably fold flop.

but isnt his turn aggression stats enought to claim that he will often be agro on turn?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      but isnt his turn aggression stats enought to claim that he will often be agro on turn?
      Maybe. I looked at his cbet turn stat which is 1/3 so far. So he has only followed through 1 out of 3 times after he already cbet the flop. And he is cbetting 80% of the time so far which suggests a wide range on flop which may find it difficult to barrel on turn. Turn AF obviously deals with any situation regardless of whether villain cbet flop or not but then does deal with a larger sample.

If you felt villain would be aggressive on the turn folding flop will be the best option because you will have to fold the turn so often.