Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 5:diamond: 4:diamond:

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (6.5 BB, 2 players) T:diamond: 5:spade: 4:club:
      Hero checks, UTG bets 3.25 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, UTG calls 6.75 BB

Turn: (26.5 BB, 2 players) 8:spade:
      Hero bets 19.85 BB, UTG calls 19.85 BB

River: (66.2 BB, 2 players) 3:club:
      Hero bets 49.65 BB, UTG calls 39.25 BB

Hero shows 5:diamond: 4:diamond: (Two Pair, Fives and Fours) (Pre 39%, Flop 70%, Turn 64%)
      UTG shows A:spade: T:spade: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 61%, Flop 30%, Turn 36%)
      Hero wins 137.5 BB

311 hands, VPiP 21, pfr 17, AF 1.8, wtsd 18

Is it bad to call with 54s utg from BB, when he is fishy? I need to pay only 2bb, but I am OOP, so I think it is bad in general.

Is my line ok, and bet sizes?

One question about my stats:
      in 650 hands VPiP 30, PFR 26 - is it too wide range?
      I 3b 14 in total
      5 from MP, 12 from CO, 20 from BTN, from SB 7, from BB 17
      against EP 7, MP 6, CO 30, BTN 18, SB 36
      sqeeze 3
      4bet+ 1/20

1)
      Is it ok to 3bet tight aganist EP, and MP, and wide against CO from BU, and blinds against CO and BU?
      I dont sqeeze much, because people see it usually as bluff and they call more often with PP
      How much should my 4bet stat be?

2) I notice that in most cases I lose from BB the most, and than SB, and win from other positions. Is that normal? I suppouse it is because I lose blinds which I post, and play OOP, but maybe I also make mistakes by folding blinds too often, or 3betin too much and not winning.
      I fold blind to steal from sb 71%, from BB 56%. Is it too much?

3) From BU I steal 50%, and I fold 80% to 3bet. I guess when opponents see that they can really exploit me by 3beting. Is it better to call 3bet more often, or 4bet?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      Is it bad to call with 54s utg from BB, when he is fishy? I need to pay only 2bb, but I am OOP, so I think it is bad in general.
      Somewhat of a controversial issue. Personally if I like my implied odds I will call. I far prefer 54s against a UTG open than a BU open. This guy is not full stacked, hurting your implieds, I'd fold in this case. (I.e I do not do this because I'm going to "outplay" opponent, I do it because villain has a tight-range, is deep, and/or is bad.)

Is my line ok, and bet sizes?
      Looks great, you set up an ideal river shove.

One question about my stats:
      in 650 hands VPiP 30, PFR 26 - is it too wide range?
      I 3b 14 in total
      5 from MP, 12 from CO, 20 from BTN, from SB 7, from BB 17
      against EP 7, MP 6, CO 30, BTN 18, SB 36
      sqeeze 3
      4bet+ 1/20
      It's really about postflop play. Do you need to play this loose to beat 20nl? Nope, no way. Can you beat 20nl with these stats? Yes. The reason why most players can't win with these stats is they don't know how to play their marginal holdings postflop and end up spewing. If it's working for you, keep doing it.

1)
      Is it ok to 3bet tight aganist EP, and MP, and wide against CO from BU, and blinds against CO and BU?
      You don't actually need to 3bet at all vs EP/MP. Flatting big hands vs regs opening in EP can be a great strategy because they will give your 3bets a lot of credit. On the flipside, bluffing vs EP opens can end up being good. I guarantee you can crush 20nl without ever 3betting a hand.

How much should my 4bet stat be?
      There is no set answer to this. It really depends on how much your opponents are adjusting to you. It's not even necessary to have a 4bet range if you don't want.

The game theory answer is that your defend range should be a function of the 3bet size you face, and how often you need to defend vs that size in order to avoid being exploitable.

2) I notice that in most cases I lose from BB the most, and than SB, and win from other positions. Is that normal? I suppouse it is because I lose blinds which I post, and play OOP, but maybe I also make mistakes by folding blinds too often, or 3betin too much and not winning.
      I fold blind to steal from sb 71%, from BB 56%. Is it too much?
      Your default winrate will be -100bb/100 hands from BB and -50bb/100 hands from SB. In a sense however far you are above these numbers is your actual win-rate which usually ends up being positive.

Nothing too wrong sounding with your stats. Again it is all villain dependent. You can actually defend quite a bit less and still be a winning player.

3) From BU I steal 50%, and I fold 80% to 3bet. I guess when opponents see that they can really exploit me by 3beting. Is it better to call 3bet more often, or 4bet?
      Just because opponents can theoretically exploit you doesn't mean they will. Don't make the mistake of assuming your opponent is playing back at you when he's really just waiting for Aces.

The manner in which you should defend depends on how actively your opponent is 3betting and with which type of range. Also the specific type of hand you hold will factor in to whether you flat or 4bet. There is no simple answer, it is potentially a long theoretical discussion.