This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] T9o bb against BU

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): 426.55 BB
      UTG: 174.45 BB
      MP: 130.5 BB
      CO: 67.85 BB
      BTN: 121.95 BB
      SB: 185.9 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:spade: 9:club:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2.5 BB, fold, Hero calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (5.5 BB, 2 players) T:club: 5:club: J:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: (5.5 BB, 2 players) 4:spade:
      Hero bets 2.75 BB, BTN calls 2.75 BB

River: (11 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero bets 5.5 BB, BTN calls 5.5 BB

Hero shows T:spade: 9:club: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 48%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
      BTN shows 7:spade: 7:club: (One Pair, Sevens) (Pre 52%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins 20.9 BB

423 hands, VP 24, PFR 20, attempt to steal BU 36, fold steal to 3bet 80.

I usually dont call bb because I dont like playing OOP, but recently I am trying to call more often because I see that I am mostly losing from bb and sb because I fold bad cards too often like this one, and 3bet with playable.

IS my line ok ?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mla,

Preflop: Villain hardly steals wide on the BTN. 36% is not a lot by any means and T9o plays poorly. So I would recommend folding this here. Against really wide BTN steals we can defend weaker hands.

Keep in mind that you lose in SB and BB because you start at a disadvantage.

For example, if you were to fold EVERY SB hand you would lose 50bb/100 (half a BB a hand). If you were to fold every BB hand you lose 100bb/100 (one BB a hand). So you see that you are already starting at a disadvantage.

As played I think river is a bit thin given that villain can also have many better Tx and such. We can also consider ck/calling to let him bet his floats (like draws he called on turn with).