This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 43 against min 3b

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 132 BB
      Hero (UTG): 145.65 BB
      MP: 227.1 BB
      CO: 111.15 BB
      BTN: 730.85 BB
      SB: 102.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 4:diamond: 3:diamond:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BTN raises to 5 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (11.5 BB, 2 players) J:club: 3:heart: 4:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 3 BB, Hero raises to 15.35 BB, BTN raises to 27.7 BB, Hero raises to 51 BB, BTN raises to 725.85 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 89.65 BB

Turn: (292.8 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:

River: (292.8 BB, 2 players) 4:heart:

Hero shows 4:diamond: 3:diamond: (Full House, Fours full of Threes) (Pre 20%, Flop 75%, Turn 82%)
      BTN shows K:diamond: K:spade: (Two Pair, Kings and Fours) (Pre 80%, Flop 25%, Turn 18%)
      Hero wins 278.2 BB
      BTN wins 0 BB

42 hands VP 43, PFR 26. 3bet 6 (fish)

Usually I dont open suited connectors, this time I did becasue all people are full stackers, and I expect them to give me credit from UTG, and there is big fish in BU who would pay me if I hit nuts.

Is preflop ok to call and hope to hit nuts and give up if not?

Is my raise size ok flop? I think he obviously induces me to bluff, so I was even afraid of JJ, but it is just 3 combos, and 18 combos QQ+ which pays me off.
      Is 4bet size ok? Usually I am not confronted with 4bet, so I dont know what should the size be. Anyway if he has QQ+ fish will never fold.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mla,

Fishy guys usually have strong hands with these min 3-bets so calling for big hands is perfectly fine.

As played your raise sizes are fine. He may not even fold AK (to the first raise) and I wouldn't be too worried about JJ as it's a really small part of his range.

Your 4-bet size can be a bit bigger given the stack sizes so we leave less than a PSB for turn (if called).