BB: 98.4 BB
      UTG: 103.15 BB
      MP: 28.9 BB
      Hero (CO): 261.8 BB
      BTN: 29.3 BB
      SB: 121.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:club: Q:heart:

UTG raises to 3.5 BB, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls 6.5 BB

Flop: (21.5 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond: 5:spade: 4:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 16.1 BB, UTG calls 16.1 BB

Turn: (53.7 BB, 2 players) Q:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 26.85 BB, UTG calls 26.85 BB

River: (107.4 BB, 2 players) 2:heart:
      UTG bets 50.2 BB, Hero calls 50.2 BB

UTG shows 7:diamond: 7:club: (Two Pair, Sevens and Fives) (Pre 54%, Flop 76%, Turn 5%)
      Hero shows K:club: Q:heart: (Two Pair, Queens and Fives) (Pre 46%, Flop 24%, Turn 95%)
      Hero wins 197.45 BB

UTG 9 hands, VPiP56, PFR 44, open from UTG 2/2

Could I say he is probably fishy even with 9 hands, when he has VPiP? Thats why I did 3bet with 2 blockers.

I cbet because I am IP even that he calls PP, but I expect him to fold broadway hands OOP. If he calls and I dont improve on blank I check behind, and bet if I hit river.
      On scare card like A I would bet once and on J turn and river. Is it ok plan?

Since I hit turn, is my bet size ok? I expect him still to call with PP because he calls flop. Is river call ok? It looks strong, but with 22 he never calls flop and turn, so i loose 3 combos 44, 1 combo 55, and if he floats OOP AQ, or if he slowplays KK+.

So imo his donk river looks strong, as KK+ or fh, I dont expect him to do that with PP, and I dont see which overcards he calls turn as bluff, so i can conclude it was a bad call, but it doesnt need to work often.
      If he wouldnt donk, should I shove, or be happy with my top pair against utg?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16

I think the preflop 3bet is fine. With position, 3betting this hand will show a profit if you are not spewy postflop and you always seem to have a solid thought process and no spewy tendencies.

I agree with your flop thinking and plan, if you meant 3barreling on J+ on turn. The reason is that there are very few combos that beat you on the flop and your opponent will have almost 0 combos that hit J+ cards, unless they just flatted pre with JJ+ hands (again very few combos and not likely he just flats 100% of them).

As it happened that he lead river I think it's a call. Yes, he will sometimes have 55, 44, maybe the ocassional A5s but he still has 76s busted and out of all midpairs that get to the river, it's OK to assume he donks 1-2 combos just as a spazz so you get a snap call. Ofc, it's easier to assume that after we see results but I hope you get what I mean.

If he would check river there are 2 ways of thinking about it:
      1) Range construction: you want to barrel as a bluff on this runout reasonably often and therefore you barrel for value with this hand as well. You either make money from the many folds or you start getting value because of the light calls.

2) Information: Although a bet now might be +EV, seeing how he plays OOP in a 3bet pot can help you make a lot more money long term because of the adjustments you can make to your whole game plan.

I usually take the info line at first against someone I am likely to face over and over again.