BTN: $27.05
      Hero (SB): $26.04
      BB: $25.00
      UTG: $25.00
      MP: $32.87
      CO: $21.70

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has 8:heart: 7:heart:

UTG raises to $0.60, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.00, fold, UTG calls $1.40

Flop: ($4.25, 2 players) 9:spade: 6:diamond: Q:heart:
      Hero bets $2.75, UTG raises to $8.75, Hero calls $6.00

Turn: ($21.75, 2 players) A:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $14.25 and is all-in, Hero calls $14.25

River: ($50.25, 2 players) 8:club:

opponent is kinda regish player.

3bf 84 overall UTG 57 smaller sample though

not sure how wide is his range on flop :/ .. therefore, I can't really estimate what play should I take .. I took it passively coz I thought I got no FE on the flop and I have high implied odds ...

• 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16

I think your hand is just a fold here. When you get raised on that board you are either facing a better draw that doesn't fold to further action or a made hand that didn't give you the odds to draw. If you have folding equity on the flop, you should shove there or if you call, you need a read you get to the river and can bluff sometimes but that is very unlikely to happen given the sizing. What you can consider is check/raising yourself on the flop. It's a spot where you give up often after getting called pre and you don't cbet crap because you get called post a lot. That means you check to fold often and now your hand that didn't have much folding equity can gain more FE and with a raise while also allowing the villain to put in more dead money into the pot.

If you see a turn for free, it's not a problem either. There are plenty of good cards for you and you don't look like having a hand that can connect with your actual outs in villain's eyes.