This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH][NL25] 3Bp[KF29]

• KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hey,

PartyGaming - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $27.05
      Hero (SB): $26.04
      BB: $25.00
      UTG: $25.00
      MP: $32.87
      CO: $21.70

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has 8:heart: 7:heart:

UTG raises to $0.60, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.00, fold, UTG calls $1.40

Flop: ($4.25, 2 players) 9:spade: 6:diamond: Q:heart:
      Hero bets $2.75, UTG raises to $8.75, Hero calls $6.00

Turn: ($21.75, 2 players) A:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $14.25 and is all-in, Hero calls $14.25

River: ($50.25, 2 players) 8:club:

opponent is kinda regish player.

19/16
      3bf 84 overall UTG 57 smaller sample though

not sure how wide is his range on flop :/ .. therefore, I can't really estimate what play should I take .. I took it passively coz I thought I got no FE on the flop and I have high implied odds ...

thx
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

I think your hand is just a fold here. When you get raised on that board you are either facing a better draw that doesn't fold to further action or a made hand that didn't give you the odds to draw. If you have folding equity on the flop, you should shove there or if you call, you need a read you get to the river and can bluff sometimes but that is very unlikely to happen given the sizing. What you can consider is check/raising yourself on the flop. It's a spot where you give up often after getting called pre and you don't cbet crap because you get called post a lot. That means you check to fold often and now your hand that didn't have much folding equity can gain more FE and with a raise while also allowing the villain to put in more dead money into the pot.

If you see a turn for free, it's not a problem either. There are plenty of good cards for you and you don't look like having a hand that can connect with your actual outs in villain's eyes.