This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 33 iso raise

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 273.6 BB
      UTG: 139.5 BB
      MP: 99.5 BB
      CO: 54.5 BB
      Hero (BTN): 495.35 BB
      SB: 42 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 3:heart: 3:diamond:

fold, fold, CO calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 3 BB

Flop: (9.5 BB, 2 players) 9:club: 6:club: 4:club:
      CO checks, Hero bets 5 BB, CO calls 5 BB

Turn: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 4:heart:
      CO bets 19.5 BB, Hero raises to 486.35 BB and is all-in, CO calls 26 BB

River: (110.5 BB, 2 players) A:heart:

CO shows K:diamond: J:club: (One Pair, Fours) (Pre 48%, Flop 55%, Turn 43%)
      Hero shows 3:heart: 3:diamond: (Two Pair, Fours and Threes) (Pre 52%, Flop 45%, Turn 57%)
      Hero wins 105 BB

3 hands VP 67

Is iso raise ok with 33 against fish?

Cbet flop? He has often fd here, but doesnt hit so often this board, so I think it is bet for value.

Is turn shove ok? I think it is standard fish donk pot size when they see paired board, and I think he has just overcards with fd so I shove for value, and hope he calls and makes mistake. Fish mostly play passive with PP, or top pair on this board.

Now when I see that even with KJ he had equity 43%, then it means I should fold turn. But still he folds often with overcards, and when he calls it is profitable.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey mlatasrb,

Iso-raising is fine, expecially if villain folds a lot to cbets. Small pockets are one of the few hands where it can be fine to limp behind also.

Flop cbet is ok as a bluff. Not for value though. If villain has 2 overcards and a FD he is flipping against you (even a slightly favourite as the equities show).

I would fold turn. You are usually not good. Even if you are good villain has a ton of equity especially now the 4 pairs and any 9 or 6 will counterfeit you.