Strategy points

• b1gfoot
      b1gfoot
      Bronze
      When are the points updated, according to the points guide for pokerstars i should get 1 strategy point for 2fpp, but they dont tally up at the moment.
      current 196fpp but only 88 strtegy, was looking forward to reading the silver tips. (will have 200 today) cheers.
  • 3 replies
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Usually every couple of days. My last stars points showing are from 23 July.
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Also, for the future, remember that your strategy points are based on VPP's (your Stars base points) and not FPP's (your base points x your stars level multiplier).

With the points you have, right now, they will be the same, since you've not yet reached Silverstar at PokerStars. So right now your VPP and FPP are the same.

One you reach silverstar, goldstar, platinumstar, etc.. your VPPs are your 'base points' which is what are counted for your strategy points. These get reset every month at the start of the month on stars.

FPP's are your base points x your star level multiplier, and those never expire. (well, they would if you didn't play for more than a year). FPP's are what you use to spend in the Stars Store for items, bonuses, tourney buyins, etc.

Your PokerStrategy Strategy points don't get reset, they just keep adding up, just like your FPPs.
    • b1gfoot
      b1gfoot
      Bronze
      Cheers, I gave the SSS a go, (im not being funny or disagreeing with you, it obvoiusly worked well for yourself) played 4 tables on 0.05/0.10 i made a nice profit but only 1 point in 1hr, so Iv took the profit to 10/25 (balance is ok to play SSS on there x2) getting around 4-6 an hour, but keep getting slamed in the sngs, this used to be my strong point, but I think lots of ppl use software and see im tilting so may have to leave the sng alone, I want a software blocker, my preimium hands are gettin called (5xBB or pot) by crap and they hit or chase then hit its unreal some of the hands iv lost with, but thats poker when you have a lot of help with software, I just know with out it I would place a lot more.
      Again thanks