This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Q10s CBET??

• zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      Hi,

I am aware that my call preflop is questionable. Villain is a rock also so probably should have folded?? I call as I'm in position.

On this flop do you prefer a CBET or a check behind?

I am thinking the check behind is better so I don't get raised off my draw, although I could also CBET as a semi bluff??

Thanks,
      Zach

Full Tilt, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $5.15 (51.5 bb)
      BTN: $10 (100 bb)
      SB: $10 (100 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      UTG+2: $10.62 (106.2 bb)
      MP1: $14.61 (146.1 bb)
      MP2: $8.57 (85.7 bb)
      Hero (MP3): $9.70 (97 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q T
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, SB raises to $1.10, BB folds, Hero calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.30) 8 J 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, [color=red] Hero ???

I will say that I actually Cbet here and villain moved all in. I have just took a look at equilab and realised that I should not have folded. I only needed 33% equity here against his PFR range (6). I have almost 50% here. Even if he has KK+ I still have 38% and can make the call. I now realise I should have made the call as the only hand he has me crushed with is JJ which is unlikely!
      So, was my Cbet correct? LOL.
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop we can consider folding this from this position.
      When he 3bets I would definitely fold this dominated hand.

On the flop when he checks I would always bet here. We can make him fold his AK and even if he check/raises we still have decent equity to go broke.

Best,
      Plamen