[NL2-NL10] AQ overplayed

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      no hud, speed.
      villain is weirdo (stats are 23/19 after 500 hands) who likes to 3b shove 50bb deep preflop with ?? range.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10)
      BB ($11.59)
      Hero ($10)
      BTN ($0.93)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:heart:

Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.95, Hero calls $0.65

FLOP ($1.95) A:spade: 9:spade: 7:diamond:

BB bets $0.97, Hero calls $0.97

TURN ($3.89) A:spade: 9:spade: 7:diamond: T:heart:

BB bets $1.94, Hero calls $1.94

RIVER ($7.77) A:spade: 9:spade: 7:diamond: T:heart: 9:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $2.90, BB calls $2.90

BB shows 8:heart: 8:club:
      (Pre 55%, Flop 13.6%, Turn 22.7%)

Hero shows Q:diamond: A:heart:
      (Pre 45%, Flop 86.4%, Turn 77.3%)

Hero wins $12.67

Just preflop fold? (was playing bad so let's continue from there)

If we call preflop we have to continue postflop. What to do if he shoves the R? We beat only AJ so our line should be just fold I guess.
      My bet on the R is also :f_eek:

(I saw later that he 3b shoves QQ 60bb deep...does that mean he 3b not the strongest range and does funky stuff with top range?).
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Definitely not going to fold against the 3bet in CO vs BB situation.

Calling both flop and turn are fine.

If he shoves the river I would most likely fold here. People usually don't bluff on three streets on these stakes and on this particular board I don't expect him to bet a lot of worse hands.
      As played, I think I would just jam the river.
      I expect him to bet his better hands here so I think if he check/calls the river here he is most likely to have a bluff catcher.

He 3bet shoves 60bb deep but against who? Usually, we have to note that if villain is a reg he is most likely to play different against us (regs) and fish so we shouldn't make any general assumptions if we see him shoving the river with second pair against a fish overall.

Best,
      Plamen
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa

He 3bet shoves 60bb deep but against who? Usually, we have to note that if villain is a reg he is most likely to play different against us (regs) and fish so we shouldn't make any general assumptions if we see him shoving the river with second pair against a fish overall.

Best,
      Plamen
      The action went sth like this:
      MP r, I call CO, he shoves 60bb, MP folds, I paid him out with 88 :f_ugly: (had a feeling he was doing it too much but later saw in HM his 3b wasn't super big, just saw him doing it 2 times while playing I guess).

Tnx for your time and input :)
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Ahm, I see. So he's probably some crazy midstacker.

So, the information we can extract from here is that he is likely to 3bet his stronger hands (and bluffs?) with normal sizing and just go broke with hands like medium PPs which he does not know how to play postflop if he gets called.