This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 KJo squeeze

• duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

BTN: $84.22 (168.4 bb)
      SB: $71.27 (142.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $89.91 (179.8 bb)
      CO: $54.13 (108.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K J
      MP raises to $1.50, 2 folds, SB calls $1.25, Hero raises to $6.25, MP calls $4.75, SB folds

Flop: ($14) 2 8 J (2 players)
      Hero bets $7, MP folds

Anon table.

MP reg, SB fish so far.

Preflop I used my blockers to squeeze, and even if SB calls, I have a decent hand and position against a fish.

Flop? Now I dont like this cbet all that much. I have decent equity, but I dont have too much value against his range, especially not 2 or 3 streets. My best shot for him to call is something like T:dT/9:d9, but he is likely to raise with any A:dX, and even against a hand like A:dQ I'm only flipping...
      What do you think about ch/calling in this spot? His stabbing range could be much wider here, plus I can avoid a raise which would be awkward. And as mentioned earlier I dont think I have multiple streets of value anyway, so protection could be the only main reason for betting...
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I think it's close, but checking is probably my preferred line. I think we can very comfortably c/c 3 streets, and also we are perceived to be giving up the flop really often. I would expect him to stab the Flop really often.

Thanks.