Sarkov

• Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Introduction

Hello,

I'm 21 years old and had some experience with poker before, but now I want to go more into the poker world hence me coming here. So I am gonna start with the beginner's course.

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

Hmm my motivation to play poker is to get money out of it.
      Also my dream job is to becomes an all round pro gambler.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

Sometimes when my stack of chips is small, I tend to go all in even when I don't have the right hand or when I just lost a big pot.

When I start playing It feels goods, but after 3-4 hours of playing, i feel crap but don't want to stop playing and so I open a browser tab and multitask!

Sometimes poker strategies seems hard and difficult to understand, so I just skip the examples or almost half the article to go to the end.

I tend to look at my chip size before making decisions, if I have lots of chips and blinds are small I keep betting even if I don't have good cards.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Hmm TAG for me means playing chosen hands and playing them by raising and folding when I know I am beat.
  • 11 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck Sarkov,

I am sure with plenty of hard work on your side that you will do very well in this course!

Bogdan will be with you very soon I'm sure :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello Sarkov,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Cheers thanks both!

I am starting lesson 2 now. A bit hard to grasp and I don't have a lot of free time, so i'll go slow here!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Sarkov,

Just a reminder to try to keep up witht he homework, it's an important part of recording your progress. :)

Please don't panic though, many of us have little extra time but you certainly won't get expelled from school here, it's just a reminder in case you forgot! :D

Have fun,

Mal.
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Sorry for the long break, i'm back to finished the course now!

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

I'm using the equilab standard raise for FR. I'll go for loose once im more happy with my hand read and post flop play.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

Click me linky

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

Equity Win Tie
      MP2 46.32% 37.92% 8.41% { AKo }
      MP3 53.68% 45.27% 8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

We should look at the win % mostly??
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Sarkov
      Sorry for the long break, i'm back to finished the course now!

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

I'm using the equilab standard raise for FR. I'll go for loose once im more happy with my hand read and post flop play.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

Click me linky

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

Equity Win Tie
      MP2 46.32% 37.92% 8.41% { AKo }
      MP3 53.68% 45.27% 8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

We should look at the win % mostly??
      Good job with the homework.

Q1: You should also look at your opponents and make changes based on what you spot from them (if they are tighter we can open more, etc).

Q3: You want to look at the equity% as an overall. That tells you how often you will the hand overall even though sometimes you split the pot with the opponent.

Best of luck with the next homework and at the tables,

Bogdan
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Thanks going next!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Sarkov, I hope you're enjoying doing the course? :)

Just remember that even if you don't have a lot of time to spare for the course, it starts again every 8 weeks and goes round and round, so you can easily catch up at your own speed, ok?

Have fun Sarkov!

Mal.
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Hey Gadget51,

Yeah i like doing the course, it is poker! I already have some questions, i'll post them later.

I'm taking 2-3 days break, form cash games, tired. :)

Thanks, i'll do.
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Question 1

Preflop we have KQ vs 33, is 50.78% vs 49.22% coinflip!

On flop we are behind 26.46% vs 73.54%!

Question 2

Pre villian, did not raise, so we can exclude QQ+ in his range, because he would have 3bet with it assuming that he plays normally and does not flat them. So Maybe 22 to JJ is in his calling range he got the odds under call 20 rule. Maybe some random suited connectors since he is on the button and he plays wide there.

Flop, he checked behind, either he is slowplaying set or on a flush draw/straight draw

Turn, the checkraises, looks a lot like having made a straight.

So equity is
      AcJc 33.16%
      JJ-22,87s,76s,65s,54s,43s,32s,87o,76o,65o,54o,43o,32o 66.84%

So if we call, its +Ev not by much (check my calculation please) and if we don't improve by the river, it still was the right play since it was +EV on the turn.

45.5bb x 33.16 % - 22bb x 66.84% = 15.0878-14.7048= +0.383

We have 8(Flush) + 3 (straight) = 11 outs. About 22% to get it by the river. We dont have the pot odds, but since he check raised we can assume he will stack off because it looks likes he like his hand and implied odds is good enough for me to call.

Question 3:

Click me
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Sarkov
      Question 1

Preflop we have KQ vs 33, is 50.78% vs 49.22% coinflip!

On flop we are behind 26.46% vs 73.54%!

Question 2

Pre villian, did not raise, so we can exclude QQ+ in his range, because he would have 3bet with it assuming that he plays normally and does not flat them. So Maybe 22 to JJ is in his calling range he got the odds under call 20 rule. Maybe some random suited connectors since he is on the button and he plays wide there.

Flop, he checked behind, either he is slowplaying set or on a flush draw/straight draw

Turn, the checkraises, looks a lot like having made a straight.

So equity is
      AcJc 33.16%
      JJ-22,87s,76s,65s,54s,43s,32s,87o,76o,65o,54o,43o,32o 66.84%

So if we call, its +Ev not by much (check my calculation please) and if we don't improve by the river, it still was the right play since it was +EV on the turn.

45.5bb x 33.16 % - 22bb x 66.84% = 15.0878-14.7048= +0.383

We have 8(Flush) + 3 (straight) = 11 outs. About 22% to get it by the river. We dont have the pot odds, but since he check raised we can assume he will stack off because it looks likes he like his hand and implied odds is good enough for me to call.

Question 3:

Click me
      Good job with the homework.

We definitely have some implied odds in the hand example as our draw is hidden and his hand, as you mentioned, is most likely stronger already. Thus he will have a good chance of paying us off on the river.

Best of luck with the next lesson.

Bogdan