Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 9:diamond: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.06, SB calls $0.05, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.18, 3 players) 2:club: K:spade: 6:heart:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.08, fold, BB calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.34, 2 players) 8:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.34, 2 players) 4:spade:
      BB bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32

Let's not let the results to effect on our judgement, right?

Thoughts: I bet small on flop as thin value bet. The board is not draw heavy, and villains are on NL2 so they might have wide Kx range pre-flop they flat with.

Turn, I should have bet/fold here? I guess he could still be on some mid-pair or Kx, but against Kx we are not that much ahead, as he might have K8, KT, KJ and KQ on his flat range easily, maybe K6, sometimes slowplayed sets.

River is a bit weird, his repping only 44 and some slowplayed 2p/sets. So fold?
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is fine.

What do you think about checking back the flop here?
      I am pretty sure that betting will show profit here considering that we have fold equity plus we can get called by worse but I think this is a good spot to check back and let them bluff/bet worse made hands on the turn.

On the turn I like checking back. It's hard to take value from worse here if we bet.

As played, I would most likely fold against this big bet without information.

Best,
      Plamen
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I think that I have to bet that flop here. There's still plenty of vill. that will call you with worse, like TT/99 etc, or even A6 and stuff. The good thing about bettin here is, that whenever they raise, I know I'm beaten. I have fold equity, and I don't have to succeed so often to make this play profitable.

By the way, vill. had that 44 on river, that he succesfully called on flop :D