fold, BTN raises to $0.60, fold, Hero raises to $2.20, BTN calls $1.60

FLOP ($4.50) 9:club: 4:diamond: 6:club:

Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($4.50) 9:club: 4:diamond: 6:club: T:club:

Hero bets $2.30, BTN calls $2.30

RIVER ($9.10) 9:club: 4:diamond: 6:club: T:club: 6:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN checks

note:
      call vs CO w 56s in BB, cehck Axxfd w GS + FD, checks till sd - DOES NOT TRY TO TAKE POT OOP WITH SGTRONG DRAW WHEN I SHOW WEAKNESS

I was going to give up post flop, but he did not show interest on flop, so looked like he is not having overpair, so I tried bluff.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

I think that against a guy like him we can take a stab at the flop and get him to fold his Ax hands and broadways.

1/2 pot only has to work 33% of the time.

As played I think that he has a lot of Ac hands so we can also bet river to try and get him to fold those.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I think that against a guy like him we can take a stab at the flop and get him to fold his Ax hands and broadways.

If I would have hand like KJo, I should not 3bet? I mean he folds 80%, so in vacum any 2 can bet 3beted. But becasue if I hit king, I will be not sure if fold or not to his aggresion, becasue kickers is not the best. He has not been 3beting, so can call lot of better kings.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

If I would have hand like KJo, I should not 3bet? I mean he folds 80%, so in vacum any 2 can bet 3beted. But becasue if I hit king, I will be not sure if fold or not to his aggresion, becasue kickers is not the best. He has not been 3beting, so can call lot of better kings.
      His fold to 3-bet is overall. People tend to call a lot more IP than OOP especially steal/resteal. So I think a hand like KJo, despite giving us blockers, will put us in more trouble postflop.
      If that 80% fold to 3-bet was actually over a larger sample, and not just 10 hands, then we could 3-bet a lot and show a profit and just simply play fit/fold when he calls.