Hero ($20.60)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: K:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.90) 9:heart: J:club: 3:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.90) 9:heart: J:club: 3:diamond: 2:heart:

BB bets $0.35, Hero folds

BB wins $0.86

He 3bets in BB a lot and I was minraiseing him with weak hands. So I think I can minraise w AK and so induce 3bet. But on the other hand - he can call more easily now, so maybe its ok to mix it - sometimes 3bb open and sometimes 2bb. Not sure. This can be exploitable also.

notes
      small bets IP = weak pair

he is not betting OOP much vs mised cbet and also in position small bet - weak pair, so the same can be on turn.

I cannot raise turn problay - not representin much.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Having two different raise sizes preflop will be a lot harder to balance so we should just stick to one size for all our range. We can always make it smaller if he likes to 3-bet and that way we risk less and can defend more (his 3-bets should be smaller too).

As played why are we checking AK on this dry board? Sure he can call often because he doesn't like folding but that means that we can actually get thin value versus his floats.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      As played why are we checking AK on this dry board?

because I though I will not make better hand to fold but did not want to get flated because thoguht calling his bet on turn is not that good with A high once he calls the floap.

Lets say he bets small on turn - even this can be weak pair for thin value, and he gets it if I call w A high.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      As played why are we checking AK on this dry board?

because I though I will not make better hand to fold but did not want to get flated because thoguht calling his bet on turn is not that good with A high once he calls the floap.

Lets say he bets small on turn - even this can be weak pair for thin value, and he gets it if I call w A high.
      But worse can call our flop bet and we can also collect the dead money (fold his equity in the pot). Surely that should be a good enough reason to bet there.

I would only check back AK here if we plan to call down turn/river as I don't see any other valid reason for checking such a dry flop with our hand.