[NL2-NL10] 5NL FR : TPTK vs Baluga Theorem?

• Hellrabbit
      Hellrabbit
      Bronze
      Party Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.02/$0.04
      10 players
      Converter

Hero $5.24
      MP2 $4.09

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is BB with Q A
      4 folds, MP2 raises to $0.08, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, MP2 calls.

Flop: 3 9 Q ($0.5, 3 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, MP2 calls.

Turn: 3 ($1.4, 3 players)
      Hero bets $0.95, MP2 raises to $1.9, Hero folds.
      Uncalled bets: $0.95 returned to MP2.

Results:
      Final pot: $3.3

Villain was playing 20/12/3, small samplesize though. Correct laydown or was I playing way too tight? Couldn't really put him on a hand and I'm a bit worried I folded to weaker Q.
  • 2 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      would be nice if you can include stack sizes when you post a hand .
      i would make it 1 or 2 bb more then 3 times his original raise when i am out of position if i decide to reraise .
      the problem with your hand is if you reraise aq in this situation you are raising for value and hope to get called by worst . so when you hit TPTK in this reraised pot you basicaly have to go with your hand for value .
      on the turn he is either minraising you with some air as a bluff or he has you crushed . i think folding tptk in a reraised pot is too weak at this point and i like calling more . he usualy will raise here with some bluff (a draw that didnt hit ) or something very strong that has us crushed . so the best play here is to call and check call river in orther to get some more value from a bluff and lose the minimum to a boat .
      i am not to woried about losing value from a weaker q here because i dont see it in his 3bet calling range from mp2.

edit : when you dont know what to do anymore folding is the best decision . you wont lose more money
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I agree with srohack. Call down ftw.