Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:diamond: 9:diamond:

fold, BTN raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 8 BB, fold, BTN calls 6 BB

Flop: (17 BB, 2 players) T:club: Q:diamond: 6:diamond:
      Hero bets 9 BB, BTN calls 9 BB

Turn: (35 BB, 2 players) 6:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (35 BB, 2 players) 5:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 18 BB, Hero calls 18 BB

Hero shows T:diamond: 9:diamond: (Two Pair, Tens and Sixes) (Pre 69%, Flop 86%, Turn 93%)
      BTN shows 7:club: 9:club: (One Pair, Sixes) (Pre 31%, Flop 14%, Turn 7%)
      Hero wins 67.45 BB

260 hands, VPiP 25, PFR 21, 4bet 1/3 from BU, attempt to steal 68% from BU, fold steal to 3bet 40%.

Is 3bet ok here against his wide range to get money on preflop or with cbet?
      Is my line ok? I cbet with middle pair and no kicker because I have fd, and he might call with gutshot, or float. If I wouldnt have fd, is it ok check/call?
      Is my river check call ok? He is clearly worse, but I dont have value by betting. And he might bet river as bluff, when misses hands like KJ, AJ, 98, 78 etc.
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16

It's SB vs BU preflop meaning my suggestion will always be 3bet/fold without extra reads therefore T9s is a 3bet if you want to play it. It's a pretty damn good hand if you reach postflop so I like the 3bet.

Postflop, I don't cbet that much on the flop because I get many calls. I c/r my value hands and bluffs quite often instead of cbetting and playing turns. Your hand is good enough to cbet though for value plus potential to turn into a bluff. You have much equity and you might make him fold better later though you can still have the better hand now very often.

After he just calls and checks back the turn you can be confident in check/calling with quite a few busted draws and looking like a very straight forward cbet and give up hand.