This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AQ spewy

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 108.4 BB
      UTG: 102.5 BB
      Hero (MP): 100 BB
      CO: 99 BB
      BTN: 102 BB
      SB: 297.35 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:diamond: A:spade:

UTG raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (10.5 BB, 3 players) Q:club: K:club: 9:heart:
      UTG bets 7.85 BB, Hero calls 7.85 BB, fold

Turn: (26.2 BB, 2 players) J:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 16 BB, UTG calls 16 BB

River: (58.2 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 73.15 BB, fold

Hero shows Q:diamond: A:spade: (One Pair, Queens)
      Hero wins 55.3 BB

UTG 243 hands VP 24, PFR 18, fold 3bet 94, cbet 50

Flop:
      Is call flop ok? He might have KJ, KQ, AK, and also fd. I dont think that people cbet 3way on this board with less than Kx, or fd? So is it fold?

Turn: Is it ok to try to fold his Kx with bet on turn?

When he calls, he usually has Kx which is afraid now of Tx, and maybe still fd.
      Now on river I did spewy thing, I wanted to fold his Kx, he looks regg so I hoped that he folds his AK, KQ, KJ here. He needs to fold > 56% of time to be profitable, and I guess I have it given his line. So I expect here to be break even in the worst case, and if I check, sometimes I win against missed fd, but I think more often I lose 6$.
      If he calls, and I lose, he will see that I played spewy, which can be +EV in future because with nuts I almost always overbet river especially on boards where opponents are likely to hit something.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: on this board and with another guy behind I agree that we should just fold.

As played, unless villain is a huge station, he will have a hard time calling with anything other than a Tx. His range for calling turn also includes some sets and flush draws so it's possible we got him to fold a flush draw on the river but I also think he can fold 1p hands and some 2p hands so I think your line is fine (after the flop mistake).