BTN: 155.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9:spade: 9:heart:

Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, SB raises to 14 BB, fold, Hero calls 10 BB

Flop: (29 BB, 2 players) J:spade: Q:heart: 9:diamond:
      SB bets 13 BB, Hero calls 13 BB

Turn: (55 BB, 2 players) 8:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets 30 BB, fold

Hero shows 9:spade: 9:heart: (Three of a Kind, Nines)
      Hero wins 52.25 BB

MP 800 hands 19/18, 3bet 10, 4bet 6, fold to 3bet 94. He is loose aggresive fish, shortstacker

SB 14/11, 3bet 4, I saw him 3betting QQ, AKo

Is call with 99 ok with 160 BB deep and big implied odds against his strong range?

I was not too excited with the flop, he has JJ, QQ in his range, and KK, TT, have nice outs against me, but there are more combos of AK, KK, AA than QQ, JJ.

I planned to call once and raise turn blank, but turn was horrible, I was not afraid of him having TT, but it is action killer, so now I can conclude that I should go raise/broke flop?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mla,

I think you posted the wrong stats here, or at least I don't see the ones for SB.

I think that this deep and with position (and 4 handed) we can make the call preflop.

Postflop I think we can even consider raising the flop for value. I think it will be hard for us not to lose a lot of money versus his QQ/JJ hands. But at the same time we can get value from overpairs, AQ and even KQ type hands.

As played, turn is terrible, but betting is much better than giving him a free card and worse can still call.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      I edited, it is correct hand, but I misstyped BB instead of SB. So it is SB stats.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      I edited, it is correct hand, but I misstyped BB instead of SB. So it is SB stats.
      This deep I think your call is fine. You also have a nittier guy so he may hand us the pot when he has AK/AQ and he misses the flop.