This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 99 against 3bet bu

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 123.55 BB
      UTG: 36 BB
      MP: 42 BB
      CO: 99.5 BB
      Hero (BTN): 243.3 BB
      SB: 280.6 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9:club: 9:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, SB raises to 8 BB, fold, Hero calls 6 BB

Flop: (17 BB, 2 players) A:spade: 5:diamond: 8:diamond:
      SB bets 9 BB, Hero calls 9 BB

Turn: (35 BB, 2 players) T:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets 10 BB, SB calls 10 BB

River: (55 BB, 2 players) 2:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Hero shows 9:club: 9:spade: (One Pair, Nines) (Pre 67%, Flop 80%, Turn 89%)
      SB shows K:heart: 5:heart: (One Pair, Fives) (Pre 33%, Flop 20%, Turn 11%)
      Hero wins 52.25 BB

300 hands 30/24 3bet from sb 12, fold to 4bet 1/1. cbet 2/3 flop.

Would it be better 4bet/broke here? I expect to have nice FE against him, and he at least folded once to 4bet which shows he is capable of doing that.

Is float flop ok? I expect him to cbet on A high with all garbage hands, and check with TT-KK. He has also many Kx hands, so I decided to float once, and fold turn, but I dont see people 2 barreling on A high board.

I am not sure when he checks, is it better to bet to protect from his KQ, fd and similar and I get the free showdown?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mla,

You want to 4-bet/broke 240 BB deep with 99 preflop? I think that would be a bit spewy.

As played I think that calling the flop is fine and on the turn we can look at betting about 1/2 pot. I think that anything that calls there can call 1/2 pot so we get a bit more value.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      That "little detail" I didnt see when posting hand :)
      How about with 100bb?

"As played I think that calling the flop is fine and on the turn we can look at betting about 1/2 pot. I think that anything that calls there can call 1/2 pot so we get a bit more value."

I was betting to make him fold, I didnt want him to call. Because villian might often have Ax which is not AK, AQ and wants to pot control. I think there are more Ax hands in his 3bet range than fd hands. So I expected if I get called, i lose almost always, becasue he calls Ax, Tx, JJ-KK and draws.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      That "little detail" I didnt see when posting hand :)
      How about with 100bb?

"As played I think that calling the flop is fine and on the turn we can look at betting about 1/2 pot. I think that anything that calls there can call 1/2 pot so we get a bit more value."

I was betting to make him fold, I didnt want him to call. Because villian might often have Ax which is not AK, AQ and wants to pot control. I think there are more Ax hands in his 3bet range than fd hands. So I expected if I get called, i lose almost always, becasue he calls Ax, Tx, JJ-KK and draws.
      With 100 BB it depends on our history and how spewy the guy is.

When we 4-bet we'd most likely make it 18-20 BB so if he were to ship we still need to call 82-80 BB which means that we need 40%+ equity. So it really comes down to what we think he shoves.