BB: 123.55 BB
      UTG: 36 BB
      MP: 42 BB
      CO: 99.5 BB
      Hero (BTN): 243.3 BB
      SB: 280.6 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9:club: 9:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, SB raises to 8 BB, fold, Hero calls 6 BB

Flop: (17 BB, 2 players) A:spade: 5:diamond: 8:diamond:
      SB bets 9 BB, Hero calls 9 BB

Turn: (35 BB, 2 players) T:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets 10 BB, SB calls 10 BB

River: (55 BB, 2 players) 2:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Hero shows 9:club: 9:spade: (One Pair, Nines) (Pre 67%, Flop 80%, Turn 89%)
      SB shows K:heart: 5:heart: (One Pair, Fives) (Pre 33%, Flop 20%, Turn 11%)
      Hero wins 52.25 BB

300 hands 30/24 3bet from sb 12, fold to 4bet 1/1. cbet 2/3 flop.

Would it be better 4bet/broke here? I expect to have nice FE against him, and he at least folded once to 4bet which shows he is capable of doing that.

Is float flop ok? I expect him to cbet on A high with all garbage hands, and check with TT-KK. He has also many Kx hands, so I decided to float once, and fold turn, but I dont see people 2 barreling on A high board.

I am not sure when he checks, is it better to bet to protect from his KQ, fd and similar and I get the free showdown?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mla,

You want to 4-bet/broke 240 BB deep with 99 preflop? I think that would be a bit spewy.

As played I think that calling the flop is fine and on the turn we can look at betting about 1/2 pot. I think that anything that calls there can call 1/2 pot so we get a bit more value.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      That "little detail" I didnt see when posting hand :)
      How about with 100bb?

"As played I think that calling the flop is fine and on the turn we can look at betting about 1/2 pot. I think that anything that calls there can call 1/2 pot so we get a bit more value."

I was betting to make him fold, I didnt want him to call. Because villian might often have Ax which is not AK, AQ and wants to pot control. I think there are more Ax hands in his 3bet range than fd hands. So I expected if I get called, i lose almost always, becasue he calls Ax, Tx, JJ-KK and draws.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      That "little detail" I didnt see when posting hand :)
      How about with 100bb?

"As played I think that calling the flop is fine and on the turn we can look at betting about 1/2 pot. I think that anything that calls there can call 1/2 pot so we get a bit more value."

I was betting to make him fold, I didnt want him to call. Because villian might often have Ax which is not AK, AQ and wants to pot control. I think there are more Ax hands in his 3bet range than fd hands. So I expected if I get called, i lose almost always, becasue he calls Ax, Tx, JJ-KK and draws.
      With 100 BB it depends on our history and how spewy the guy is.

When we 4-bet we'd most likely make it 18-20 BB so if he were to ship we still need to call 82-80 BB which means that we need 40%+ equity. So it really comes down to what we think he shoves.