CO: 92.3 BB
      BTN: 144.3 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:club: K:spade:

fold, fold, BTN calls 1 BB, SB raises to 7 BB, Hero calls 6 BB, fold

Flop: (15 BB, 2 players) A:heart: K:heart: 8:spade:
      SB bets 12 BB, Hero calls 12 BB

Turn: (39 BB, 2 players) 6:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets 24 BB, SB raises to 83.25 BB, Hero raises to 142.5 BB, SB calls 0.25 BB

River: (206 BB, 2 players) 4:heart:

SB shows A:diamond: Q:spade: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 25%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
      Hero shows A:club: K:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Kings) (Pre 75%, Flop 98%, Turn 100%)
      Hero wins 195.7 BB

BU 61 hands, 33/18

SB 770 hands, 14/11, 3bet 6 from sb vs bu 12%, from other positions 2-3%, fold to 3bet 81%

I was not sure if I should 3bet him, he just iso raised, but it is big and his range is strong, plus he folds all hands weaker which brings value if we both hit Ax,or Kx

Is there are need for raise when he bets so big to protect? Is bet size ok on turn? I guess I cant fold this one, becaue he could have fd, but unlikely with hearts because A hand Kh.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Mla,

Looks like you posted the wrong AK. It looks to be the same as AKs 3bet blinds

Could you please update?

Thanks
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      It was not wrong, it is correct hand.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      It was not wrong, it is correct hand.
      It looks like you were editing the hand as i posted my comment. I did see that other AK hand :)

Back to this hadn.

Preflop: there are pluses and minuses for both calling and 3-betting here. On the one hand we will be caught inbetween two people with a hand that doesn't flop often and on the other hand we have a guy that folds a ton to 3-bets and the best we can hope is to collect the dead money (which is actually not small).

However I think that in the end I'd prefer to 3-bet here and since the fish is deeper with us he may end up calling anyway.

Postflop: As played I don't see a lot of value in a flop raise so calling is fine.

On the turn I agree that we can't fold. We really only lose to 2 combos (1 AA and 1 KK) and he can do this with worse (or a split).

Your turn bet size is fine because it sets us up nicely for the river.