This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 KK against recreationalish player

• CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      This one...

Tunnetut pelaajat:
      MP2: $2,71 - 136 bb
      MP3: $2,19 - 110 bb
      CO: $1,02 - 51 bb
      BU: $1,63 - 82 bb
      SB: $1,92 - 96 bb
      BB: $1,16 - 58 bb

0,01/0,02 No Limit Hold'em (6-kätinen)
      Käsien tallentaja tähän käteen:PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.210.3

Preflop: Hero on SB kädessään K:heart: , K:spade:
      Hero asettaa pienen blindin ($0,01), BB asettaa ison blindin ($0,02), 2 kippaa, CO korottaa summaan $0,06, BU kippaa, Hero 3-bettaa $0,15, BB kippaa, CO maksaa

Floppi: ($0,34 - 17 bb) Q:heart: , Q:spade: , 2:diamond: (2 pelaajaa)
      Hero lyö $0,16, CO maksaa

Turn: ($0,66 - 33 bb) 9:heart: (2 pelaajaa)
      Hero sököttää, CO lyö $0,20, Hero korottaa summaan $0,92, CO maksaa ja on all-in, Hero saa maksamattoman summan ($0,22) takaisin

River: ($2,06 - 103 bb) 6:heart: (2 pelaajaa)

Played it rather horribly, and I'm ashamed of it. Guess fish won't call that flop without Qx, and such a small turn bet just seems to be a bet that prays to call. Although, it could also be a weak float bet that goes for bet/fold.

I think I should have bet once, maybe ch/call turn and re-evaluate river, as he would NEVER bet river without Q? And even ch/call flop would have been better, as I would keep his JJ/JT/AK here and let him bluff (if he bluffs).
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Cpallo,

Why are we 3-betting so small versus what appears to be a fishy guy?

It should be at least 20c there.

As played our turn ck/raise makes no sense.

As you said villain is either on a weaker valuebet or Qx and the weaker valuebets may fold. So simply call and reevaluate river at best, or just bet/fold small.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Pre-flop 3-bet was quite smallish due to his stack-size, I have experienced many guys folding e.g for 0.18-0.2 3-bet on NL2, so I want to get them in and make them make mistakes post-flop. But usually against normal stack I def. 3-bet that 3x+1bb for OOP.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by CPallo
      Pre-flop 3-bet was quite smallish due to his stack-size, I have experienced many guys folding e.g for 0.18-0.2 3-bet on NL2, so I want to get them in and make them make mistakes post-flop. But usually against normal stack I def. 3-bet that 3x+1bb for OOP.
      I think we are losing value 3-betting small against recreational players.

If he was a tigther midstack player I agree with you.