CO: 61.3 BB
      Hero (BTN): 102.65 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, SB calls 2.5 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (9 BB, 3 players) Q:club: 5:club: J:club:
      SB bets 3 BB, BB calls 3 BB, Hero raises to 19 BB, fold, BB calls 16 BB

Turn: (50 BB, 2 players) 5:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets 37.5 BB, BB raises to 87.3 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 43.15 BB

River: (211.3 BB, 2 players) 8:club:

BB shows J:heart: J:spade: (Full House, Jacks full of Fives) (Pre 57%, Flop 95%, Turn 95%)
      Hero mucks A:spade: Q:diamond: (Two Pair, Queens and Fives) (Pre 43%, Flop 5%, Turn 5%)
      BB wins 201.3 BB

SB 181 hands 39/19, FCB 79, CBet 80, donk 44%.
      He is big fish, I saw him donking many times and calling with draw, low pairs, PP etc

BB 850 hands, 28/1, 3bet 3, 4b 0, FCB 50, raise cbet 11 on flop, fold to donk 0/5.
      AF flop 0.89, turn 1.4 river 3

Is raise on flop ok, and size? Fish in sb calls with any, and bb almost never has better than AQ, so I expect him to have Jx, or Ac or any PP with club, maybe KT, T9 with club etc.

I was hoping that SB calls, it is strange that BB calls small bet and then huge bet, so I think he is on a draw with A club most of the time, and thats why I bet big on turn to make him call wrong with fd, or with KQ with K club.
      Wow when he shoves, I would never expect that, but can I fold here? He could do it also with made flush. I think people usually just call slowplay FH. Was I commited here? It makes sense that he has only KQ with club which I beat.

Should I in future when he raises me on flop, reraise with TPTK, or overpair, since he slowplays his set even on draw heavy boards?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Flop raise for value (thin value) is fine but turn should be a bet/fold.

You have a fishy guy that's super passive call and then ck/shove. How can that ever be a hand that we beat?
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      That was also my conclusion. But I had to pay 7$ to win 33$, and I though maybe once in 4 times I will be right and he will have KQ or some kind of bluff. As he played, I would never put him on set, so I was kind of shocked, 10 sec to act.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      That was also my conclusion. But I had to pay 7$ to win 33$, and I though maybe once in 4 times I will be right and he will have KQ or some kind of bluff. As he played, I would never put him on set, so I was kind of shocked, 10 sec to act.
      Yeh, the 10 sec thing sucks but here I would still fold. I don't think we are committed and we don't even have a small redraw if we are behind.

And why are we surprised about sets? Fish was most likely scared of the potential flush on the board.