[NL2-NL10] A3o freeplay

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $27.74 (277.4 bb)
      BB: $4.57 (45.7 bb)
      CO: $3.58 (35.8 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $10.09 (100.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A 3
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 7 7 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.45) 2 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.45) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Gxtwo,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I don't mind a cbet on that board. There's thin value to be had and we protect our equity in the hand.

I think that without information on the player I rather bet the turn and check back the river.

Did you have any info on the fishy villain?
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Gxtwo,

Postflop: I don't mind a cbet on that board. There's thin value to be had and we protect our equity in the hand.

I think that without information on the player I rather bet the turn and check back the river.

None at all, first hand on ANON table
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      Hi Gxtwo,

I rather be the one betting the turn then. Makes our life easier because by default we can expect fishy guys to be passive.

His small bet on the river looks less as a bluff but it's fish dependent because there are some that will bluff for that amount (while other only bluff bigger).
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Hi Gxtwo,

I rather be the one betting the turn then. Makes our life easier because by default we can expect fishy guys to be passive.

His small bet on the river looks less as a bluff but it's fish dependent because there are some that will bluff for that amount (while other only bluff bigger).
      What is the purpose of a turn bet? To get value from FD and to Protect V floats?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Gxtwo,

What is the purpose of a turn bet? To get value from FD and to Protect V floats?
      It's a thin value bet and take down the pot. We don't mind if he folds and we collect it.