[NL2-NL10] [NL2] 98s vs 4bet from SB

• TobZero
      TobZero
      Bronze
      Villian is 39/39/33/4 after 23hands

Was it right to fold or should i have shoved his 4bet with his crazy 33% 3bet and 39VPIP/PFR??

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $3.36 (168 bb)
      SB: $2.13 (106.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2.24 (112 bb)
      UTG+1: $2.24 (112 bb)
      UTG+2: $0.84 (42 bb)
      MP1: $2.10 (105 bb)
      MP2: $2.79 (139.5 bb)
      MP3: $1.32 (66 bb)
      CO: $1.95 (97.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 8
      7 folds, SB raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.35, SB raises to $0.82, Hero folds

Results:
      $0.70 pot
      SB mucked and won $0.70 ($0.35 net)
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Why do we 3bet here in the first place? I think this is an easy call here IP.
      Also our sizing - $0.35 is huge - what's the reason for making it so big? $0.2 will do the job here.

When he 4bets folding is by far the best thing we can do. Shoving will be huge leveling here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      No offence, but You're totally overplaying many of your hands sir. Please read strategy articles, they give you good tips how to play :)

Flat-call pre would be best here.
    • TobZero
      TobZero
      Bronze
      Hey CPallo,

no offence taken :)
      Im looking for criticisms so i can improve. I totaly agree with you that i overplay to many hands. Overall im playing pretty "solid" for my state of knowledge but those 5% of mistakes i make cost me lots of money each time making my solid into liquid xD

I read a ton of articles already and i go through them multiple times when i didnt really understand a part. my problem is the execution of those learned things in 100% of situations. I think i have most of the beginners strategy in my head but for some reason i just forget what i learned in 1-5% of my hands and play complete bullshit.

After yesterdays sesion and reviewing of many hands i think i could conclude:
      1. Overcards on the flop are not a good hand
      2. falt call more marginal hands IP pf and fold those hands OOP (i shouldnt be heading into a big pot with a draw hand)
      3. my 3betting range is far to wide and my 3bets to high. in addtion i should fold more hands to 3bet action before me if i dont have premium cards
      4. respect more raises from earlyer positions and always remember that 10 hands stats on the HUD are nothing and villian could hav run hot/lucky so i shouldnt judge his actions by those stats

Thank you for your help

TobZ
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      It's good when one recongnizes what's wrong on own game, that's the way to become a better player!

Just keep on posting hands and adding your own thoughts there. And if you feel like tilting on tables, then sit out and play again when you are in better mood - that increases your winrate significantly!