This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 ZOOM AK on the btn vs SB

• elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Silver
      IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2101973
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $9.44 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 15, 3B: 5, AF: 2,0, Hands: 178
      UTG: $10.10 - VPIP: 38, PFR: 15, 3B: 7, AF: 1,4, Hands: 270
      MP: $33.67 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 15, 3B: 4, AF: 3,3, Hands: 271
      CO: $4.01 - VPIP: 14, PFR: 12, 3B: 7, AF: 3,9, Hands: 1264
      Hero (BTN): $13.17 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 8, AF: 3,3, Hands: 18515
      SB: $22.87 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 15, 3B: 5, AF: 2,0, Hands: 178

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with K :club: A :diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.10) Q :club: K :spade: 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

Turn: ($6.30) 2 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $6.30, Hero raises to $10.07, SB calls $3.77

River: ($26.44) 9 :heart: (2 players)

Seemed to me that I was against 2pair+ at river so I decided to check, the guy ended up showing me 4 :diamond: 4 :heart:

I make the raise on turn since I feel I can get value from Kx hands that raise preflop, once he is calling though I am checking the turn, even considering folding if he raises big.

What is your take on this?

Not many hands on player but looks aggro and a bit fishy.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Elchipriota,

Preflop: 100 bb deep we can 4-bet here but we are a bit deeper so calling is fine.

Postflop: As played I doubt anyone would cbet pot on such a dry board so I actually like your line. If he bet 1/2 pot 3 streets I would be more worried.

Well played !
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Is minraising your standard sizing from BU?
      As played, I think we can 4bet and go broke here.

On the flop calling is fine.

On the turn I would rather fold here.
      Villain show a lot of strength here and I really doubt that he will end up bluffing like this enough to justify a shove.

Best,
      Plamen
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Silver
      Hey guys, thank you for your replies.

@Bogdan: I found his cbet line very weird, almost like he wanted to push me out of the pot. I think that is more likely why I am c/raising turn there.

@Kymupa: Yes minraising is my standard line from the button, ive seen Emmanuel doing this on micros zoom and seems to work pretty good so far.

@Both: Against this player should I make a general note regarding how the hand was player, i.e his cbet sizing?

Thank you both.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by elchipriota
      Hey guys, thank you for your replies.

@Bogdan: I found his cbet line very weird, almost like he wanted to push me out of the pot. I think that is more likely why I am c/raising turn there.

@Kymupa: Yes minraising is my standard line from the button, ive seen Emmanuel doing this on micros zoom and seems to work pretty good so far.

@Both: Against this player should I make a general note regarding how the hand was player, i.e his cbet sizing?

Thank you both.
      We can make a note if you want but I don't think these spots will come up often.

Once you see someone pot like this in a 3-bet pot on a dry board it should trigger the BS alarm b ecause they rarely ever have it. I can't see him playing QQ/KK/QK ever like this. Not even AA or 22.

As far as min raising on the BTN I do recommend it as well for Zoom and during my Zoom coachings at 2-10 NL we min raise button with a HIGH success rate.