BB: $9.44 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 15, 3B: 5, AF: 2,0, Hands: 178
      UTG: $10.10 - VPIP: 38, PFR: 15, 3B: 7, AF: 1,4, Hands: 270
      MP: $33.67 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 15, 3B: 4, AF: 3,3, Hands: 271
      CO: $4.01 - VPIP: 14, PFR: 12, 3B: 7, AF: 3,9, Hands: 1264
      Hero (BTN): $13.17 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 8, AF: 3,3, Hands: 18515
      SB: $22.87 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 15, 3B: 5, AF: 2,0, Hands: 178

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with K :club: A :diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.10) Q :club: K :spade: 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

Turn: ($6.30) 2 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $6.30, Hero raises to $10.07, SB calls $3.77

River: ($26.44) 9 :heart: (2 players)

Seemed to me that I was against 2pair+ at river so I decided to check, the guy ended up showing me 4 :diamond: 4 :heart:

I make the raise on turn since I feel I can get value from Kx hands that raise preflop, once he is calling though I am checking the turn, even considering folding if he raises big.

What is your take on this?

Not many hands on player but looks aggro and a bit fishy.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Elchipriota,

Preflop: 100 bb deep we can 4-bet here but we are a bit deeper so calling is fine.

Postflop: As played I doubt anyone would cbet pot on such a dry board so I actually like your line. If he bet 1/2 pot 3 streets I would be more worried.

Well played !
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Is minraising your standard sizing from BU?
      As played, I think we can 4bet and go broke here.

On the flop calling is fine.

On the turn I would rather fold here.
      Villain show a lot of strength here and I really doubt that he will end up bluffing like this enough to justify a shove.

Best,
      Plamen
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Hey guys, thank you for your replies.

@Bogdan: I found his cbet line very weird, almost like he wanted to push me out of the pot. I think that is more likely why I am c/raising turn there.

@Kymupa: Yes minraising is my standard line from the button, ive seen Emmanuel doing this on micros zoom and seems to work pretty good so far.

@Both: Against this player should I make a general note regarding how the hand was player, i.e his cbet sizing?

Thank you both.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by elchipriota
      Hey guys, thank you for your replies.

@Bogdan: I found his cbet line very weird, almost like he wanted to push me out of the pot. I think that is more likely why I am c/raising turn there.

@Kymupa: Yes minraising is my standard line from the button, ive seen Emmanuel doing this on micros zoom and seems to work pretty good so far.

@Both: Against this player should I make a general note regarding how the hand was player, i.e his cbet sizing?

Thank you both.
      We can make a note if you want but I don't think these spots will come up often.

Once you see someone pot like this in a 3-bet pot on a dry board it should trigger the BS alarm b ecause they rarely ever have it. I can't see him playing QQ/KK/QK ever like this. Not even AA or 22.

As far as min raising on the BTN I do recommend it as well for Zoom and during my Zoom coachings at 2-10 NL we min raise button with a HIGH success rate.