This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 77 preflop

• staselu
      staselu
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2102016
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $3.85 17/16 hands 100
      UTG: $10.30
      CO: $10.23 16/12 steal from CO 20% 4bet range 0.5% fold to 3bet 83% hands 1.5k
      Hero (BTN): $12.60
      SB: $10.21 20/30 wts 26 cold call 12% squeez 5%

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with 7 :diamond: 7 :spade:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, 2 folds, CO raises to $2.70, 1 fold

What is the best play in this spot ?

-if we call, we do not have implied odds against CO he has 19 wts, he will continue postflop only with very strong hands

-by 3betting we take the money preflop, we have huge fold equity vs fold to 3bet 83%

I prefer to 3bet in this spot
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi staselu,

Preflop: Why are we 3-betting here as a bluff? We have position so we can call here for more than just set mine.

There are a lot more hands that can be 3-bet bluff here like hands with blockers or hands with worse playability postflop. 77 is too good to be a bluff here imo and the set value is still there.
    • staselu
      staselu
      Bronze
      during the session I 3 bet here as a bluff, but now I understand why should I call

I was thinking that if we hit our set he will rarely pay us,I mean in the long run , he looks like a NIT,who plays only with very strong hands postflop , but if we do not hit our set I guess we have some playability in possition.

My conclusion: 77 is too good to bluff
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by staselu
      during the session I 3 bet here as a bluff, but now I understand why should I call

I was thinking that if we hit our set he will rarely pay us,I mean in the long run , he looks like a NIT,who plays only with very strong hands postflop , but if we do not hit our set I guess we have some playability in possition.

My conclusion: 77 is too good to bluff
      If he has a strong range that implies that he can pay at least a few streets which is great for our hand.